The New Movie: The Muppets

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I wonder if Matt Vogel will perform Uncle Deadly, since Vogel is now already performing a lot of Jerry's characters.

Either that or maybe Jerry will loop Deadly's voice (if he can still do it, that is).

Either way, we probably won't know until the release date gets closer.
Matt Vogel is doing Uncle Deadly, yes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if the Toy Story short will include any Muppet toys. It'd be cool if some of the Palisades Toys were included (of course back when Palisades was producing Muppet toys I thought it'd be cool to see them in Toy Story 3... But I wonder if the time has past for such a reference).
The only licensed character that was not already a famous brand toy in the Toy Story franchise was My neighbor Totoro, and that was an homage from Lassiter to Myazaki.

The only Mickey was on a watch. Suffice to say, if Andy didn't have any Mickey, Goofy, or Winnie the Pooh toys, he probably wouldn't have Kermit or Piggy.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
On the other hand, he could be the owner of that Kermit T-shirt from that gnome movie, lol. :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
As a big fan of the full-bodied Muppets, I'm absolutely delighted that Thog has been rebuilt. Couldn't stop smiling for ages after I saw the photos. He looks a bit taller and maybe a bit thinner than he used to, although I'll wait until I actually see the movie to call judgement. Now, if only Doglion and Fletcherbird would appear too... then I might just start weeping in joy.
Amen, brother. Amen.

(Though DogLion was around for "Muppets Tonight". Has he been seen since?)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

SeanC

Reaction score
Amen, brother. Amen.

(Though DogLion was around for "Muppets Tonight". Has he been seen since?)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
I don't believe Doglion has been seen since 'Muppets Tonight', so he's been missing for well over a decade. That said, Thog has been missing for three decades, so maybe it's only right that he's the one to return :smile:
As for the other full-bodied Muppets... Timmy was last seen in 'The Jim Henson Hour' I believe, Mean Mamma popped up in'The Ghost of Faffner Hall' back in the late 80s, Fletcherbird was last seen on a Royal Variety performance in 1993 and Betsy... well, she's been gone for three decades, just like Thog.
Much as I'd love to see them all back, I'm 100% grateful that at least we've got Thog.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...of course if they shot a sequence that was planned in at least one of the drafts of the script, i think it's safe to say there will be a few other full-size monsters besides Sweetums and Thog!

Muppetzoo

Reaction score
...of course if they shot a sequence that was planned in at least one of the drafts of the script, i think it's safe to say there will be a few other full-size monsters besides Sweetums and Thog!
I hope Disney does it right with the mech side of the movie. I think the time is right for the Muppets to be huge again, if the movie is good and funny. GO MUPPETS!:wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I hope Disney does it right with the mech side of the movie. I think the time is right for the Muppets to be huge again, if the movie is good and funny. GO MUPPETS!:wink:
Well first off welcome to Muppet Central Muppetzoo! Second off, Here is the latest story from one of the Stars of the new movie, I think that it will set some of your questions at ease a little.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/03/07/the-muppets-rashida-jones

I'm getting more and more exctied about this movie!

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Just thought of a fun example of how the substance rather than the length of the part can be fun, memorable, and delightfully Muppety. Picture if you will, Link's first line in the movie ends up being something of a tongue-twister and he flubs it up - to which Piggy turns to him and admonishes, "After 30 years, you FINALLY get a line in a Muppet movie and you BLEW IT?" Pepe: "UN-believable. Sometimes the pretty ones should just be seen and not heard, okay."
Now that made me laugh out loud! Im with beakie: it's people like you, the dedicated fans who know all about the muppets, they would benefit greatly from as writers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since the new characters in this are Muppet fans and we expect a lot of inside jokes regarding Muppet fandom, I've thought of a cameo that would be funny, though I doubt it'll happen in this movie: Doug Walker of "The Nostalgia Critic" fame as Douchey McNitpick (The Nostalgia Critic's most obnoxious fan, seen in two videos counting down The Nostalgia Critic's top 11 mistakes), encountering the Muppets and pointing out continuity errors of the past ("How could you all have met for the first time as adults when you all lived in a nursery together as babies?").