The New Movie: The Muppets

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I dont really care about songs i just want to hear what the storyline is thats all!LOL:hungry::concern: I LOVE Muppets!

hoopless

Reaction score
Just catching up with the Muppetcast and heard the news about the delayed release in the UK. Now for me living here I'm really mad about this! it was going to be the most anticipated thing about next year's holiday season. But now I have the problem of will I be forced to watch a cam version then miss out on seeing it for the first time when I see it on the big screen (which is gonna be my first time seeing a Muppet movie in the cinema) or am I gonna have to wait nearly 2 months and avoid the forums and toughpigs and the mindset until I see it.

I'm absolutely disgusted that they're doing this and it makes no sense.

MadForPepe

Reaction score
D23 Expo: Disney Announces The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made! Source:Silas Lesnick September 11, 2009

Roaring applause from Disney fans filled the Anaheim Convention Center Arena as the Muppets took the stage, performing a song and dance number live on-stage. At the conclusion of the performance, Disney Studios Chairman Dick Cook officially announced that the upcoming Muppet film (written by Jason Segel) will be titled The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made.

This title references an old title, developed Jim Henson in 1985 but never produced that would have featured Gonzo directing a Hollywood film and quickly blowing the project's budget. Though unconfirmed, it is likely that this new film will mirror the same storyline.

Saw this at comingsoon.net as a headline! What an announcement! :smile:
Mmm, sounds nice indeed. I didn't fancy the latest Muppet Movies much. But maybe that's also becaus in childhood, they just were more appealing? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The last few were just not made under the same leadership. LTS showed big signs of improvement, but it did seem like watching the beginning half hour of a movie and the last half hour, and skipping the middle... but MFS suffered from bad (and bland) directing, Oz suffered Pop Culture shock, and VMX suffered from NBC promos.

That said, the news you are referring to is pretty old. The movie is not going to be called Cheapest... it's probably either going to be called "the Muppets" or something else entirely.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just catching up with the Muppetcast and heard the news about the delayed release in the UK. Now for me living here I'm really mad about this! it was going to be the most anticipated thing about next year's holiday season. But now I have the problem of will I be forced to watch a cam version then miss out on seeing it for the first time when I see it on the big screen (which is gonna be my first time seeing a Muppet movie in the cinema) or am I gonna have to wait nearly 2 months and avoid the forums and toughpigs and the mindset until I see it.

I'm absolutely disgusted that they're doing this and it makes no sense.
What's the news on that? I didn't catch it yet.

muppfozz

Reaction score
Nov 2011 another Muppet Movie....I can't wait....If it is as wonderful as the first Muppet Movie it would be great.....Paul Williams would be the icing on the cake.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nov 2011 another Muppet Movie....I can't wait....If it is as wonderful as the first Muppet Movie it would be great.....Paul Williams would be the icing on the cake.
Oh! I love cake! I'll take a slice if there's some going. (Also, if Paul is the icing, does that make the celebrities like little saltanas? Assuming we're going with a fruit/christmas-cake recipe.)