Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

Nick22

Reaction score
Works for me! I'll be there! :zany:

Get the tents... let's go start camping out now! :big_grin:
awesome idea! and guess what else? i'm dragging my friends to come see it with me! HAHA!

im with you. i will be there. i just need to buy a tent first. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Do we know for a fact that Jim Lewis has written a script?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it came from a source that I have some faith in. Amy who is a member of this forum, and artist for the Peter Pan Muppet comic said she heard about it. So I don't know take it for what you will, after we all heard about it we have asked Jim in several different ways about this, and so far he has pleaded the Fith if you know what i mean.

unclematt

Reaction score
I was excited about Segel's script but now that I know Jim Lewis may have a script out there. I am torn I dont know which way to go. HELP ME!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well back when Letters to Santa was being filmed I e mailed Jim and told him how i was torn about him not being involved. He told me that even though it was not his baby that he just hoped that the Muppets where funny, and I think the same could be said about Seagl's movie. Jim is really all about the funny, and the trueness of the Muppets. the heart. I think if Segal will be about the same things then the movie will be fine.
We have seen in the past however what happens when we get people writeing or dercting for the Muppets that have no clue what they are doing. Lets hope that this is not one of them.

unclematt

Reaction score
Thats part of my concern. I was excited about Segal because I thought he was the only one out there writing anything. Don't get me wrong. I think he is very talented and very funny, but he is just a Muppet writing virgin.

Mr. Lewis is a seasoned veteran and while he has not worked on a movie in a few years, we know that he knows our Muppets and will do his best to maintain the quality that we are looking for.

I am sure I will be happy with either. Just wanting to see if other people think the way I do.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm sure people feel the same way. Jim's popularity has grown over the last few years since he has been doing the Ask Jim and appared on the Muppetcast so many times. Some people will say if Jim anit got a part in it then i dont want to see it. Other people feel that Segal should write this movie and Jim should keep doing the books and muppets.com videos and little things.
I personaly feel Jim should be the head writer of the Muppets, such as Jerry Julle was. If he has a movie i think it should be made first because Jim really does know the Muppets.