Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really think the line about Gonzo not playing the minister really makes the MTM relationship look like they were playing themselves in a movie, and the relationship was purely a plot device. That is, if they kept it in the movie.
Since there was possibly a cut scene (judging from one of the movie books), it does look like they originally wanted to go for a real marriage, but then backed off, leaving the ending more ambiguous. We're not really sure and that's why it's an intriguing ending.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Anyone know how I might be able to read the script......it seems to be all over the internet but not able to be found

wemblingalong

Reaction score
Never the original but...

It's never going to be the original three Muppet movies. How can it be? It's different people and it's a different time. I just hope we end up with a great movie! From the sounds of it, we probably will! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's never going to be the original three Muppet movies. How can it be? It's different people and it's a different time. I just hope we end up with a great movie! From the sounds of it, we probably will! :smile:
That's what I always say. We can never have the same thing, since most of the people that worked on those aren't around anymore... we can only hope it either captures the same spirit, or it's great in it's own right.

Rax

Reaction score
I always felt that it should have been that way when Jim passed away. Frank would stand up and take care of the problem.
..... The guy just lost one of his best friends.

Gr, Rax

unclematt

Reaction score
Has there been any recent news about the movie? Either from the Disney camp or the Segel camp? I am just curious, have not made it to MC as much as would like to recently.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Do you supposed Jason Segel is re-writing the script of the New Muppet Movie?

unclematt

Reaction score
Just like any script I would assume it will have to go through several rewrites before a final script is finalized. That is pretty much standard on any major studio film.

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
I havent read this full thread, just the 1st post.
I am sooooooo excited.
Although somewhat apprehensive after the disasters of muppets from space- which was bad enough IMO but even worse was Muppets from Oz...which raised the question "why did they even bother..?"
I have to admit, im an obsessive, so only truly like the first 3 - Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Muppets take manhattan... and I do feel that the muppets of late have had rushed scripts, less budget, and kiddyfied- which further frustrates me, because Jim never meant it for kids.
Anyway, I think this looks pretty good. Dont think we'll ever get a perfect muppet movie again - the genius behind them has gone- (heh unless they got all us fans to collaberate!) but this looks like its at least trying to get back to the old school muppets....Im gonna stop before I go off on a rant about how much disney have ruined the muppets.... lol