Music video parodies you wish Sesame could have done

SillyRed

Reaction score
I'd like to see a parody of AM Radio, Idon't remember who does the song. Is it Everclear?

BlueAM

Reaction score
We all remember The Beetles, but howzabout a parody of Paul McCartney's "Spies Like Us" as ""Y's" Like Us"?

It could be sung by some cool-looking letter Y Muppets.

BlueAM

mr3urious

Reaction score
Maybe a parody of the Marvelettes song "Please Mr. Postman" called "Where's Mr. Postman?", which is obviously about a postal worker's job.

BlueAM

Reaction score
How about a parody of The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" as "Went To School Again", basically about going to school and how fun it is?

BlueAM

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Oooh great thread! :big_grin: I like some of your ideas you made up awhile ago like "God Save the 14" by The X Pestles. Instead of "Nooooo....fuuuu-ture for yoooouuuu...." in the chorus, it could be "Theeeee....nuuum-ber four-teeeeenn...."

Some that I've thought of? Let's see...

"I'll Stop the World And Count to Two" by Speaking English ("I Melt With You" by Modern English)

"1234-56789" by Tommy Twocount ("867-5309/Jenny" by Tommy Tutone)

"This Song Is About the Number One" by R.E.N. ("The One I Love" by R.E.M.)

"Should I Stop Or Should I Go?" by The Trash - a song about crossing the street ("Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" by The Clash)

"You Better Count" by Pat Withguitar ("You Better Run" by Pat Benatar)

"I Love the Letter O" by Jane Jetplane and The Black R's ("I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)

"Is She Really Going Out Or In?" by Jack Jackson - a song about opposites ("Is She Really Going Out With Him? by Joe Jackson)

"Duckie In the Bathtub" sung by Ernie with How Now Brown and the Moo Wave ("Mirror In the Bathroom" by The English Beat)

"I Wanna Count to 8" by The Marones ("I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones)

"Boys Can Cry" by The Pure - a song about emotions, similar to "Big Kids Cry" I guess ("Boys Don't Cry" by The Cure)

"Counting Down from 10 to 1" by The Violet 10's ("Blister in the Sun" by The Violent Femmes)

"Roxanne (You Don't Have to Go At the Stop Light)" by The Lead Police ("Roxanne" by The Police)

sooooo many more....this is fun! :big_grin:

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
"Me So Hungry" by Cookie Monster (takeoff on "Me So *****")

"Up Where E Belongs" by two Anything Muppet people (takeoff on "Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes)

"Letter U" by Spinny Jiperton [performed by Ivy Austin] (takeoff on "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton)

"Elmo in Red" by Trish DeFrog (takeoff on "Lady in Red" by Chris DeBurgh)

"We Are the Girls" by three Anything Muppet girls (takeoff on "We Are the World")

"The Doggie Went Down to Florida" (takeoff on "The Devil Went Down to Georgia")

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Sesame Street Song Parodies

Hello everybodeeeeeee!:super:

I love the song parodies on Sesame Street. I think some that might be fun could be:

Letter O...........Parody of "Don't Let Go" by Isaac Hayes

You Are The Number...Parody of "You Are The Woman" by Firefall (Purple AM singing about his favorite number, 5)

I Tied My Shoes ..........To the tune of " Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon

I'm sure I could list more if I thought about it more, but three is good for now. :wink:
(three....three...three <---Mad Painter)

Your dear friend,
Kitt

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
How about some literary parodies?

Muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh My Antonia!
(Willa Cather's) My Antonia!

["My Sharona" by The Knack]

Burn, baby, burn- Dante's Inferno!

["Disco Inferno" by The Trammps]

Lord of the Rings
(ala "Lord of the Dance" by Michael Flatley)
:zany::sing::big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
How about some literary parodies?

Muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh My Antonia!
(Willa Cather's) My Antonia!

["My Sharona" by The Knack]

Burn, baby, burn- Dante's Inferno!

["Disco Inferno" by The Trammps]

Lord of the Rings
(ala "Lord of the Dance" by Michael Flatley)
:zany::sing::big_grin:
Mmm... not really. trying to teach about literary greats in that way isn't really something they would do on Sesame Street... they would use literary references and satire to teach something else:

Examples- Grapes of Math (self explanatory), Waiting for Elmo (emotions), Shakespeare (various, it was a subject used many times)... basically Monsterpiece Theater, using literary satire and puns to promote smaller subjects.

Not that it doesn't sound great, but why promote more mature literature (by which, complex readings) when your audience is just learning to read small words?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Not that it doesn't sound great, but why promote more mature literature (by which, complex readings) when your audience is just learning to read small words?
Well, that's true. I kinda figured it would be one of those things where the parents would get the reference and they could still teach kids things from the books through the rest of the lyrics.
For instance, My Antonia could teach kids a bit of history about the pioneer days in America.
Dante's Inferno could be used to teach kids about fire safety and not playing with matches, etc.
And Lord of the Rings is a great example of friendship and the small things of the world confounding conventional wisdom and being the one to make a big difference. (ala "One Small Voice" and "I Believe in Little Things") [I could totally see Bert and Ernie as Samwise and Frodo- but other duos would work well too- Biff and Sully perhaps.]:big_grin::smile:
But mainly I've just used those little parody lines as a mnemonic device for myself to remember the titles and authors of books for English classes in high school, etc.:wink: