1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Music video parodies you wish Sesame could have done

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BlueAM, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BlueAM New Member

Those are wonderful! I really wonder how those parodies would look, as I may make drawings of these ideas of yours, so what do you think?

Anyway, here's a new one:

"You Have Eyes" by Ball & Notes ("Private Eyes" by Hall & Oates), about eyes and what they do.

BlueAM
  2. fanofangela89 New Member

How about....

Knock Knock Knockin' on 7's Door by 10s N' 20s (Parody of Guns N' Roses Knocking on Heaven's Door)?
  3. fanofangela89 New Member

Another GNR Parody Idea...

Don't Lie (Parody of Don't Cry)

About telling the truth obiviously.

Axel and Slash would have been really pleased if the show had the Sesame Street Muppets copying their singing and guitar playing and are exactly like them.

Made up verse:

And please remember... that big kids don't lie. Your parents will still love you... come tomorrow night at supper.

And don't you lie tonight...

Don't you lie tonight. Your parents are coming home from the supermarket any time now baby so don't you lie tonight.
  4. fanofangela89 New Member

And one more:

Sweet Child O' Mine becomes...

Sweet Tire O' Mine

about the many uses of a tire.
  5. ISNorden Active Member

Some parodies that would've worked in the 70s or 80s, when the audience was older and had parents watching along more often--

• "A-B-C" by the Henson 5, a mixed-gender quintet of AMs with Roosevelt Franklin's coloration and funky outfits (an alphabet-teaching parody of the Jackson 5 song)
    • "One (Is the Very First Number)" by Three Dog Knights...yep, three canine Muppets in shining armor!
    • "This Is My Brother" by a young boy AM soloist...with his mom, new baby brother, and other family members joining the chorus (to ABBA's "He Is Your Brother"; the parody would be about family ties and new babies, but I can't find a good spoof name for the performers)
    • "(The Sign Says) One Way" by Streetwise Mac (to Fleetwood Mac's "Your Own Way")
    • "Undressed for the Tub" by the Duckies, larger Muppetized versions of Ernie's rubber duck singing along with an Anything Muppet boy in the bathtub (about bathing and body parts; to the Eagles' "The Best of My Love"). This would be hard to handle without upsetting some parents though...
    • "Counting to Three's Not Hard" by Meatball (to "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meat Loaf)
  6. ISNorden Active Member

That would've worked when the curriculum advisors decided the number 1 was worth teaching on its own; counting one object by itself seems pointless, but teaching that counting has to start somewhere is a reasonable approach...

"Steve counts kids goin' down the street,
    starts the number way down low--
    Adds one more as they shuffle their feet
    Past the crosswalk, ready to go

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this
    Gonna count along with me?
    Over the sidewalk, the children zip...
    How many could there be? Well...

The number one is a must
    The number one is a must
    Gotta start it at one, gotta start it at one
    The number one is a must, yeah
    One--before you count to two
    The number one is a must..."
  7. PinballStewie New Member

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah! I would LOVE to see how those drawings turn out, so link me to 'em when/if you get 'em done! :D
  8. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Bow Wow's "I Want Candy"=

Cookie Monster's "Me Want Cookie":insatiable:
    LOL
  9. PinballStewie New Member

thought of one!

"Roxanne (You Don't Have to Go At the Stop Light)" by The Lead Police (or perhaps How Now Brown and The Moo Wave?)

Verse 1:

Roxanne you don't have to go at the stop light
    The red light's for stopping
    And the green light's for going, day and night!
    Roxanne, remember when you cross the street tonight
    That you should always look both ways
    So be sure to look left and to look right
    Roxanne, you don't have to go at the stop light

Chorus:

(Roxanne) You don't have to go at the stop light (8x)

Verse 2:

If the walk light has a white man,
    Then that means it's all right, man,
    To cross the street just how you feel
    But if it turns red then be sure to stop!
    'Cause if you see a red hand,
    Then you can't go ahead, and,
    Told you once, I won't tell you again,
    Red means "Don't cross!"

(Chorus)
  10. PinballStewie New Member

and one more...

"Adding Case" by Green Guys ("Basket Case" by Green Day)

Verse 1:

Tell your mom and dad
    To listen to me add
    The numbers one and one and one all at once
    One and one is two,
    And one more makes three, it's true
    And three and one is four, no doubt about it

Chorus:

Well, adding one and two is three
    And three and one is four, you see
    As the numbers keeping adding up,
    I feel like I've had enough
    Yeah, four and one is five,
    And that is that!

Verse 2:

I went one day to school,
    And they thought that I was cool
    'Cause I added up all the numbers I could
    So I added one and four
    And fi-ive was my score
    I guessed five and one made six, I knew that they would

(Chorus)

Bridge:

Adding out of control,
    So I better add on!

(Chorus)
  11. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I would like to see the drawings you made for these parodies!
  12. ErnieandTelly New Member

The music video parodies I like to see on Classic Sesame Street using the Sesame Street Humans were:

Tekken 5- Sparking theme (Barking) By The Sesame Street Humans ( Gordon, Bob and Gina) The plot goes like this. This dog can't stop barking at Gina.
    Evacauate the dance floor (Move away the dancefloor) by Cascada: Maria.

Tapping Attack (Massive Attack by Nicki Minaj): Some girl and Savion
  13. ISNorden Active Member

A few more goodies

• "When I'm at a Restaurant" (parody of "Alice's Restaurant"): Mr. Johnson/Fat Blue is standing in line at some fancy place, lamenting about the bad service he usually gets--with or without Grover, judging by this season! "I can never get what I want/When I'm at a restaurant!"
    • "Forty Ways to Reach Your Mother" (parody of "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover"): Counting and communication in a 2-for-1 lesson. A brother/sister pair (played by two celebrities, maybe?) gets stranded on Sesame Street after their car breaks down, and needs to send Mom a message that they'll be home late. Bob, Luis, and Gordon all have suggestions, which they offer in song: "Send her a fax, Max/Borrow my cell, Nell/Mail is too slow, Joe/to get there tonight..."
    • "What Could I Be, Now?" by the Human Beans (parody of "Who Can It Be Now?"): a child has trouble deciding what to do when he grows up. "What could I be when I'm old as you?/So hard to choose/I've got to think it through..." This one could be done by an Anything Muppet family; no established characters come to mind.
  14. ISNorden Active Member

Two Sesame parodies that would have worked after The Lion King hit the theaters:

1. "The Circles in Life" (to "The Circle of Life"): spotting round objects in everyday environments
    2. "What You're Feeling, It's All Right" (to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"): emotions in stressful situations
  15. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread, but I was just reading through it and came up with something. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favourite movies, and it would be fun to combine it with Sesame Street!

"Time Zone" (parody of "Time Warp"): A group of AMs are singing about the different time zones, and doing a dance similar to the Time Warp.
    ISNorden likes this.
  16. Greengables95 Member

"Tell Me About Art" ( parody of Taylor Dayne's Tell it To My Heart): Pretty self explanatory.
  17. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I have two more.

"I Would Eat Anything for Lunch (But I Won't Eat That)" (parody of "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" by Meat Loaf): A boy refuses to eat the lunch that his mother just served him. It's something he's never tried before, but he's convinced that he won't like it.

"These Boots Are Made for Splashing" (parody of "These Boots Are Made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra): Before the song starts, a little girl named Nancy wants to play outside in the rain. Her father (possibly named Frank ;)) reminds her to put her boots on before going outside. Nancy dances in the rain, singing her song.
    ISNorden likes this.
  18. sesamemuppetfan Active Member

Looks like I have the honor of bumping this thread. The other day, one of my sisters blurt out that since Eminem released a song called "The Monster", it wouldn't be surprising if Rihanna came to Sesame Street and did a spoof of this song using our favorite furry pals. :insatiable: :super: :laugh:
    ISNorden likes this.