Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Teaser On-line

MWoO

Reaction score
Does it bug anyone else that there seem to be two very different Fozzie puppets in this production? There is the one with the more pear shaped head and floppy ears and the newer one, that I prefer, that has ears that stand on their own and more of a taller head. Really throws off continuity.

The special looks good but I agree it seems too aimed at kids. A little more like a Sesame Street special of old than a Muppet Special of new. I do like the characterization I have seen so far though. Also there doesn't seem to be too much randomness which is a good thing. Little random stuff like the Sam speech and such is great, but too much and it becomes disjointed. So far, just enough. I hope it stays that way.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I love the last two clips posted! YES! These are The Muppets!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Haha! So awesome seeing Beauregard in the background and on the job!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I completly forgot about the nice feature that http://www.hotspotshield.com/ offers, haven't used it since when I wanted to check out what www.hulu.com had to offer.

Hotspot shield works nicely on the NBC site, so anyone outside of America can just use that to watch the clips :smile:

And since I was already using it I wanted to check out if it worked on www.muppets.com and it does. Just remember to disable it when you are done watching since it will slow down your browser.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
where is everyone hearing robin and scooter talk ive watched all the preveiws and havent

theprawncracker

Reaction score
where is everyone hearing robin and scooter talk ive watched all the preveiws and havent
I don't think anyone has said they speak... they're just pleased to see them present.

I'd say it's a good bet that at least Scooter speaks, though.

hoopless

Reaction score
This may not be the right place to post this, but it may be of interest to anybody living in the UK.

I have been trying to find a glimmer of hope of seeing Letters to Santa in England and have been contacting the major television companies. Disney have unsuprisingly not responded to my enquiries, but Channel 4 and Five TV have both claimed to forward the request for it to their acquisitions departments to look in to getting the rights to show it.

It will probably amount to nothing, but I thought that maybe they would think even more seriously about it and offer more money for the rights if there was significant interest, which brings me to my main point:

If everybody in the UK who wants to see it contacts
Channel 4 here:
http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=C4_Author,Company={2EA1BB9C-510E-44A5-A481-01EB1DDA1669},T=CONTACT_VE,VARSET_TITLE=TV

and sends an email to Five TV here: customerservices@five.tv

something may come of it.

It may be a lost cause but it can't hurt to try.

xXx

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Is there any way this thread could be merged with the one already opened in the Muppet Headlines section? Or any way one of them could be closed? It's just confusing having two threads for the same topic...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The thread in Muppet Headlines was meant for reporting the behind-the-scenes updates when news of the special was first announced; this thread is for posting thoughts on the five-minute preview trailer. If you think it's confusing now Prawn, wait until the special airs and we get a third thread for that one on its own. Not sure what might happen from here on out, I know Phil leaves these types of threads open until the discussed special/event actually arrives though.

Hope this helped answer your question. If not, then send your complaints to our department where they will be promptly ignored and shredded and thrown into Oscar's wastebasket.