Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I suspect NOT making Fozzie has probably been set in stone for sometime and the "shall we...sharn't we" bull is just to placate us fans - or maybe thats just my pessimistic view of the situation. Either way the uncertainty is doing my head in!

Thats not meant in anyway to be detrimental to MR. I know they want to try and show us they gave it their best shot, I just feel after months of waiting and waiting it wouldn't hurt to let us know for sure - as this forum shows, there is a reasonable sized group of people waiting!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I doubt retail would be 10 times the cost price.Isnt it normally double?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I suspect NOT making Fozzie has probably been set in stone for sometime and the "shall we...sharn't we" bull is just to placate us fans - or maybe thats just my pessimistic view of the situation. Either way the uncertainty is doing my head in!

Thats not meant in anyway to be detrimental to MR. I know they want to try and show us they gave it their best shot, I just feel after months of waiting and waiting it wouldn't hurt to let us know for sure - as this forum shows, there is a reasonable sized group of people waiting!
I was trying to keep everyone up to date as the news comes in, but I guess it is playing with people's emotions as the news changes,so I guess I wont post anymore news on Fozzie till things stabilise and we know whether he will or wont be made.

cmrinard

Reaction score
Don't fret Peter. I think all of us value your insight into whether Fozzie gets made or not. I would definitely not recommend abstaining from keeping us posted.

One interesting question that was posted and we'd appreciate your insight into: if not Fozzie, who, if any Muppet, is next? Beaker, Bunsen?

Also, it would be interesting to know for those of us who cannot live without Fozzie how high MR needs the price to be. Please don't let MR cancel Fozzie without first asking if there is a base of fans who can and will support it regardless of cost, $1000, $1500, $2000, etc.

muppetperson

Reaction score
No other patterns have been released by disney since Fozzie,so if Fozzie doesnt get made,
I would say no others will be made because sales have been slow on the others.
It has been told to me that when it was looking like a $5000 retail, that they would rather not do it as it will upset more fans who couldnt afford them than the few sales that they would get(if any).

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I doubt retail would be 10 times the cost price. Isnt it normally double?
I was told by someone who owns a business that the rule of thumb is ten times. He says that Kermit should have cost between $600-$700 for them to have made a reasonable profit on him.

:stick_out_tongue:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I was trying to keep everyone up to date as the news comes in, but I guess it is playing with people's emotions as the news changes,so I guess I wont post anymore news on Fozzie till things stabilise and we know whether he will or wont be made.
Hi Muppetperson, I genuinely wasn't refering to to you and your posts on the topic - all insight is greatly appreciated. The angst comes from the not knowing. MR have never officially announced Fozzie (I think!) but we get indications they are to make him, then that changes, then it changes again, then we're told he is off the slate, then theres changes at MR, then theres posts by CSTom here basically saying Fozzies dead, then theres an unexpected possibility that he 'might' be made...I honestly cannot think of another item I've ever bought where there has been such levels of uncertainty.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was told by someone who owns a business that the rule of thumb is ten times. He says that Kermit should have cost between $600-$700 for them to have made a reasonable profit on him.

:stick_out_tongue:
But that means then that kermit would of retailed at $6000-$7000 according to that!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi Muppetperson, I genuinely wasn't refering to to you and your posts on the topic - all insight is greatly appreciated. The angst comes from the not knowing. MR have never officially announced Fozzie (I think!) but we get indications they are to make him, then that changes, then it changes again, then we're told he is off the slate, then theres changes at MR, then theres posts by CSTom here basically saying Fozzies dead, then theres an unexpected possibility that he 'might' be made...I honestly cannot think of another item I've ever bought where there has been such levels of uncertainty.
Thanks.BTW MR did officially announce Fozzie late 2007 that he was coming in 2008.And then Amy posted us a price and shipping date on him.