State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow...So now you know how the fans of Disney Tween stars felt seeing the Muppets invade their space. No wonder there was hatred of Miss Piggy...she was one-upping London. If you think Mr Mosby is a Bell-Hop, then you obviously haven't seen enough of Zach and Cody to understand it, so why would you be expected to find it entertaining? If you only tuned in to see the Muppets and hated the Channel stars...then think how the fans of the Channel stars would have felt if they had tuned in to see their stars and found only Muppets.

Grow up and stop commenting on stuff you don't seem to even begin to understand.

Frogster

Reaction score
No, guys... the performance was NOT top notch. The Muppets have performed way better. Yes, I am sorry for confusing Disney with Henson. But I'm talkng about the Muppet performers themselves. Doesn't matter if it's 'meet and greet' or another sad ABC movie; they're just for the younger audience now. And I don't need to watch Zack and Cody on a daily basis to see that the guy playing Mosby is an annoying and untalented actor.

And Beau... this truly has nothing to do with Disney fans seeing Muppets on their shows. It wouldn't matter what station the Muppets were on if this is all that's left of their talent. I may not care for the Disney 'stars' but that's not the point. Although I will say they didn't help the cause lol.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Stands up and gives Prawnie a standing ovation*

Well said Ryan, thank you, thank you. I wholeheartdly agree. Especially with the stuff that has come out on the web, it has all been just fantastic. And I didn't think Studio DC was so bad at all. Just short, I wanted to see more, that was my only complaint though! What we did see was nice to see and I hope that there is more to come of that soon.

Thank you again for writing that post Prawnie.

Frogster

Reaction score
Very, very nice. And I like the parts about how the Disney kids (Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Sweet Life, etc) are the new, hip stars.

But let's look back at the REAL celebrities that the Muppets have worked with. Celebrities that earned their status, and aren't just young, good-looking singers who got lucky at an audition. Let's look at Bob Hope, Steve Martin, Caroll Burnett, Michael Caine and others. Are these the only people left who wanna with the Muppets? In the words of the Joker, "I mean, what happened? Did your &#*! fall off?" I know that's puttin it pretty roughly, and I seem like the biggest Muppet hater right now. So I'm sorry for offending people and working up an entire mob of Muppet fans against me. I'm not one who always has to be right, but this is one of those times where the points are all too obvious. I DO love the Muppets, and even some of their current performers. I just think things slowly got worse and worse. I worry that the day will come when the only way we'll see new Muppet stuff is online. And that sucks royally. I'm not sayin they need to be nasty and crass like Family Guy or SNL, but they found a way to bridge all the gaps back then, why couldn't they have kept that up?

I'm going to reiterate what I wrote at the end of my post once again...
No, guys... the performance was NOT top notch. The Muppets have performed way better. Yes, I am sorry for confusing Disney with Henson. But I'm talkng about the Muppet performers themselves. Doesn't matter if it's 'meet and greet' or another sad ABC movie; they're just for the younger audience now. And I don't need to watch Zack and Cody on a daily basis to see that the guy playing Mosby is an annoying and untalented actor.

And Beau... this truly has nothing to do with Disney fans seeing Muppets on their shows. It wouldn't matter what station the Muppets were on if this is all that's left of their talent. I may not care for the Disney 'stars' but that's not the point. Although I will say they didn't help the cause.

Again, I'm sorry for offending every last one of you. But we do deserve better Muppets, and we don't deserve to have our intelligence insulted. As I stated earlier, I'm not this huge hardcore fan that I've made myself out to be that's just insane about Muppets. I'm just an average fan; a fan who probably wouldn't say much of anything if it wasn't this bad. I'm just ticked at what I see now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, the trouble is a lot of the classic stars are not alive anymore..it is pretty sad :frown:. I hope the muppets work with more of them before we lose that opportunity forever..I don't mind if they are around the young new stars to but they should still be doing things with some stars/singers that relate to our age group and older (I know it was a Nick show but I always wished that the muppets could do something with the first cast of All That! or at least the members that would not mind getting back together :smile: )

Another thing that might be good is another Muppet Family Christmas type movie to introduce the characters to more people again :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The thing is...times and people change. As such, The Muppets are trying to get back to their former glory and to do that, they will have to fit in with the times, which unfortunately do involve the popularity of two twins who live in a hotel, a popstar-turned-rockstar leading a double life, and a bunch of high school kids in a musical production. The reason The Muppets may need the Disney Tweens now is because these stars are those people that the current Disney demographic can relate to and thus, seeing The Muppets with them could be Disney's way of reintroducing The Muppets to a modern audience.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think that's a great idea, Red.
As long as The Jim Henson Company, Disney, and Sesame Workshop are working together, the possibility of bringing the cast of Fraggle Rock, the Classic Muppets, and Sesame gang together once again could still be an occurance.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i don't know as much as I love Muppet Family Christmas or all the apperacess by SS Muppets in the older movies. I just think we need to stay just the Classic Muppets right now. they need to be built up more before anything like them all comming together happens.