Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
I got an email from Paul Morrissey; editor of Boom-Studios. The Meltdown Comics cover had to be reprinted because of an error on their logo.
Preorders were made so the cover will be available soon.

If anyone lives in LA, please let us know when it arrives

Thanks!

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Oh yes, I seem to recall a certain someone who felt this project was going to fly... ME! I love it already.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, I hope that the comic book stores I know how to get to will carry them tomorrow (though I have to work until 4). It's a shame that I didn't know this until now, the day before the release, after being so excited about the comic book since the announcement.
If by somehow the comic book store won't carry said comic, perhaps they can order it for you. I know a lot of comic stores that offered to order me Ultimate Muscle when they stopped carrying it. I never did take them up on that offer, and I'm missing a lot of good ones... but that's outside the topic.

I'm sure they can order a copy for you, if nothing else.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, comic book resources now has a review of the comic, though it doens't really talk about the plot.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Wow. What a review! "One of the most appropriate and fitting comic adaptations ever published." :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy what been shown of issue one so far and agree with most of this guy's review except for his clumsy assumption that fans have been upset over these most recent Muppet incarnations of Langridge's work. Many of the earlier drawings were off the mark and have been thoughtfully corrected by the artist. The critic's statement that,"...each character is completely true to the original puppet, only translated to the fluidity and shape necessary to facilitate a cartoon..." is not true and Langridge would be the first to state that he likes working off book.

The point is that this new comic book has found a happy medium in style and has a lot of Muppety substance. I've already commended Roger Langridge over on his blog and mean every word of it. Heck, his writing is better than much of the stuff I've seen since Muppets Tonight.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Looks great! I really hope the only store that sells comics in my town will carry this thing!

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Oh. Please excuse me while I leave the room and scream some profanity...

(two minutes later)

Dang it! There aren't many comic book shops around where I live (that I know the way to). I don't go to those comic shops very often, so I'm not sure whether they sell new and used comics or just used. And I am not an online shopper. The only time I asked my parents to order me somethign online was winter 2004, the season of the Sweetums and Jim Henson Muppet action figures, the series 3 mini muppets only being available at Palisades Direct, and the Musicland stores not selling series 9 of the figures (and all of my local Electronic Boutiques stores stopped selling Muppet figures after series 4). And after putting all those on my christmas list, all I got were Sweetums, Lips, and Pops (of course, Lips and Pops were the only series 9 figures I had asked for...)

Still, I hope that the comic book stores I know how to get to will carry them tomorrow (though I have to work until 4). It's a shame that I didn't know this until now, the day before the release, after being so excited about the comic book since the announcement.
Now here's serendipity for you. Boom! announced TODAY that they've signed a newsstand distribution deal for the Disney/Muppet comics: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/030925-Boom-Newsstand.html

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.