Breaking news! New Electric Company Series from PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Or at least if they show human faults, that there's a way to overcome them by the end, hehe. The Fraggles weren't always perfect in themselves. That's what made the show good, the characters were complex and learned from their mistakes. Today they're afraid to show such things too much in kids programs.
I'm not saying NOT to show mistakes or whatever, but the faults I am talking about involve the cynical attitude of the modern world. If the peace-loving Fraggles were exposed to all that...darkness...what could happen?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Funny they are bring this show back around the year that Sesame Street turns 40. :wink:

Still it would be nice to see an older Sesame Workshop show, and who know whom from SS will guest star this time since the cast has grown over the years. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Still it would be nice to see an older Sesame Workshop show
The thing is..this thing is apparently a relaunch of a classic name but with something new attached, not a full-blown reproduction of the original series or even a remake lampooning the original series.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
electric company funding!

hey everyone! help the electric company get funding from american express! check this out:

Dear Sesame Friend,
Did you know that more than half of the children in the United States can't read at grade level?
To address this national crisis, Sesame Workshop is relaunching The Electric Company -- a multimedia literacy initiative that will reach 4 million children each week -- and it is quick, easy and FREE for you to help.
American Express is offering $1.5 million to support a project based on feedback from the online community.
There are two ways you can help let American Express know that our project Bridging the Literacy Gap for Millions of Kids is important.
  1. Nominate our project (you don't have to be a cardmember):
  2. Help spread the word by forwarding this email to your friends and family
Your nomination will allow us use the power of media to make learning to read fun and exciting for the children who are most in need.
Thank you,
Your friends at Sesame Workshop

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think they have everything worked out.

Have anything else better to do with your time?

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
wow! i can't believe you replied so harshly to an innocent post! of course i have better things to do with my time, but i just <3 the electric company and want to help it get funding.

finding funding for a show takes A LOT! and i'm sure they could use additional funding even if they're set for the first season.

i'm assuming you're hating on this because you think it's a sham. i assure you that it's not. here's the link to the email i cut/pasted: http://www.kintera.org/cms.asp?eid=...AUvI9IqIAUvKpLMLTOvEaIRIbK&campaign_id=133246
it's your prerogative not to believe me-- but please be nicer if you don't!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well are you a spokeperson for the worshop?

OK I see what you mean well and I apologize.

But if you said the first time I found this link about the AE funding the new EC and posted the link I would of understood better.

Status
Not open for further replies.