2008 Menu Descriptions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks we give to you o boy of frogs who is numbered 4. Not numbered 5, nor 3, lest we keep counting up to 4 which is the number you've been numbered for shall we stop thereat.
This is probably one of your best pieces ever. Love the cuteness of Mokey and Boober together, and Pilgrim Cap'n Robin next to his uncle. Totally dig the concept of following the descript in reverse order, from the MCC grouping (England) across the ocean with the Hispaniola/Mayflower and the Otters in their rowboat over to Pilgrim Bert & Ernie (The USA). It captures the journey of the story adequately. Also made me smile that there's the All-Food Glee Club's veggies in the Horn of Plenty. If I didn't know better, and could see better for that matter, I'd say the Chef and Camilla used here are the Mini Muppet PVC figurine. Good that even Mr. Beaker and Dr. Livesey got included with the rest of the gang. Again, one of your best.

:insatiable: :big_grin: :batty:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Gonzo's gonna have FUN piloting the ship... oh, yes he is... *makes the Hispanolia speed from side-to-side on the menu*

Erine81981

Reaction score
This once again is another one of Jamie's wonderful menus. Thanks again Jamie for making all your menus for each of the hoildays.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy: Muppet Family Christmas Menu :embarrassed:
A winter landscape of snowy hills and pine trees fades into view. Fozzie’s Ma’s porch is seen on the left with a raccoon and white fluffy bunny peeping out from the snow. To the far right, the Snowman from this classic special is seen sporting his striped scarf and crushed bowler cap. Muppet Central is in the center of the composition in festive red script. It is soon framed by characters rising into view. The Two Headed Monster in Santa caps and beards are on the left and Kermit and Piggy on the right. Kermit is wearing a red plaid vest with a red bow tie and resting his head. A curly haired Piggy is sporting her red coat and cap with black fleece trim from the special. The menu slider bar is red, green and white. The Muppet Central logo is soon wiped away by a gust of wind and replaced with a “Happy Holidays!” greeting. Quite a bit of snow continues to fall over the menuscape.

From left to right on the left side:
On News rollover Fozzie’s Ma pops up. She is sporting her usual gray mop of hair, spectacles and a green and white dress. On Collectibles rollover an excited Wembley pops up. He is wearing read earmuffs, a festive red and yellow scarf and a plum-colored jacket. On Articles and Forum rollovers the different (but connected) Monsters rise a little more than their resting positions.

From left to right on the right side:
On Guides rollover Robin pops up in a red sweater next to his Uncle Kermit. On Radio rollover Maurine the Mink pops up next to her idol Miss Piggy. Maurine is sporting a classic purple Piggy-inspired dress and wrap (she was also performed by the fabulous Karen Prell in the special). On Cards rollover Fozzie pops up. The bear is wearing a red knitted bowler cap and a red plaid scarf. On Help rollover the Snowman waves his arm to greet you.

This special is a favorite of Muppet fans and I always hoped to do another menu from inside the house with even more characters packed in together. That is on my shortlist for the future. I always hope to get some menu work done every year, but fall short.

Happy Holidays everyone. There are 5 more Christmassy holiday menus followed by a New Year’s menu. After that there are no more menus to report in this thread. I'll finally have to get my froggy butt in gear and make some new menus to report about for next year, huh? I do hope so!

:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
We hope so too, or should that be "hop" so instead? Aaaaah!
We'll certainly need at least one new menu for SST's 40th celebration. An MC menu from inside the Grizzly Farms farmhouse with more characters would be nice. It could have Fraggles emerging onto the mantelpiece above the fireplace, Animal popping out of the Christmas tree, Cookie Monster devouring Janice's tray of cookies, Kermit and Piggy seated on the couch, the Snowman on the outer porch seen through the window with a modified Scarecrow Scooter? Just some ideas Jamie. Thanks for everything man.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:sleep: Marley & Marley Christmas Menu :boo:

The current Christmas menu is of the Statler and Waldorf Marleys from Muppet Christmas Carol. The color palette is mainly icy blue and black with some green holly garland and red bows hung on the back wall. Also, both characters hold colorful Christmas wreaths.

The Muppet Central logo morphs into “Merry Christmas” with holly and berries framing the greeting. Several chains hang and sway across the page. They are attached to locks and locked boxes that have opening and closing mouths. The boxes, chains and the Marleys are semi-transparent.

Waldorf is left of the menu and follows the user’s mouse movement on the left side of the menu. Statler does the same on the right side. They both appear to sway and float creepily. Yes, it is a somber menu, but one of my faves and I think the second that was made if I remember correctly. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hexcellent as always. What's Christmas without a spooky ghost story, and tales of the glory, of Christmases long long ago?
Thanks Jamie for your great work. BTW: Would you be interested in a non-menu Muppet artpiece I'm angling to have done? If so, check the Muppet Artist Needed thread in FanFic & FanArt, details are included there. :batty:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas Menu :zany:
The red Muppet Central logo (with green drop shadow) replaces an image of Ma and Emmet in their boat in the center of the page. The text changes to Merry Christmas! It is snowing rather thick across the Frogtown Hollow/Waterville menuscape.

The four jug band members frame the greeting, with Emmet directly to the right of it. On rollover they all play their instruments – Harvey strums his washboard, Charlie plays his cigar-box banjo, Emmet strums his washboard base and Wendell Porcupine blows his jug.

Emmet’s Ma pops up on rollover for the news section. She is in front of her house. A yellow sweatered Kermit with a red scarf rides by on his bicycle on rollover of the collectibles section. He emerges from behind the house and disappears behind the Frogtown Hollow sign.

The Riverbottom Nightmare Band drives by in their red convertible when the user rolls over the cards section on the right side of the menu. Everybody’s piled in there speeding across the town. The help menu rollover causes Doc Bullfrog (in top hat and monocle) to emerge in his top hat and spectacles.

I really wanted this menu to capture the beloved project because Emmet Otter is special to us older fans and newer ones too! :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good job Jamie...

Does Doc Bullfrog have a monacle? Or does have a pair of spectacles? Or does he have both?
Was confused slightly by that.

If Harvey plays a washboard, who played the kazoo in the band when we hear them practicing the song Barbecue?
Just curious.

Thanks and happy holidays.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good job Jamie...

Does Doc Bullfrog have a monacle? Or does have a pair of spectacles? Or does he have both?
Was confused slightly by that.

If Harvey plays a washboard, who played the kazoo in the band when we hear them practicing the song Barbecue?
Just curious.

Thanks and happy holidays.
Ooops. Some of that typing was from last year. Feel free to edit it. Last year I mistakenly wrote that it was a monacle, but now I find that it is likely a pair of spectacles he's sporting in the image. :embarrassed: Feel free to drop in and edit that for me if you'd like. I'm a bit congested and under the weather so the editing escaped my attention. :big_grin:

I'm not sure who plays the kazoo. I'll be watching the special again this Christmas. We'll do the switcheroo with the old DVDs featuring the Kermit opening and closing and watch the newer DVD version that's more complete in the middle. TV watching with built-in cardio! Ian and I will burn off the calories from the holiday treats while maneuvering our way through the special.

By the way, your proposed Sesame project intrigues me. However, I am just so busy at the moment. I know there are many very talented fans at MC these days that would jump at this composition. Contact me if you have trouble finding one and I'll help locate an MC artist for you. You likely already have it covered. Thanks for thinking of me.