Your Animal Replica Pictures

Telly

Reaction score
Awesome poses for your posers frogboy! I'm 98% sure I'm getting Animal as soon as I get some extra green!

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Guys, I'm trying to work around the non closing mouth issue. Contemplating inserting a full sized lower mouth plate. I'm not sure where but I mentioned before that I cut animals tounge in half from top to bottom. Made a big difference. I also pulled about 12 of the beard feathers out. Trimmed a few of the moustache feathers. Also fixed the eyelash problem by coming them striaght then sprayed a little aerosol hairspray on and then twisted. Did the same for the orange eyebrows, but did not twist them. Lastly, I picked up the spiked collar from Spirit Halloween as I used to manage one of their stores and there's 5 of them prety close to me. Guys, READ THIS. I cut the collar the right length to make it around his neck. (Which left enough for one wrist.) I bought plastic chain, and cut one link in half. The cut half I super glued to the collar in between two spikes and it held very well. I then sprayed it all metallic silver, as you see in the photos. It looks like real chain with 75% less weight. Unfortunately because of the rubber material of the collar, the paint only dried on the chain. Leaving the collar soft, sticky, and prone to the color coming off. I tried the other options on the bracelet using a paint pen, and a metallic silver sharpie. Neither would completely dry, and all three would smudge. So guys these methods may get silver on your replica! Luckilly I did not even try to put it on Animal. I'm back at the drawing board. Next I'm going to try cutting off the spikes as they are already colored silver, and glue them to something. Maybe even a tuna fish can.

But also I don't know what I did but my Animal's eyes close completely. Here are some pics of the wild man after all the mods, and with a pair of sticks. Sorry for the terrible quality, I need to get a real camera!

KK

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/Heartoutofhell/Animaleyesclosed.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/Heartoutofhell/eyesopen.jpg

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Looking good (Mr.Carter!)!

I can get my Animal's eyelids completely shut too, but I have to work at it due to the mods I did myself.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
After looking at this thread and seeing some people replace the tongue's with reticulated foam, after doing some research I see this foam is similar to filter and scrubber pads http://www.steplaw.com/inventory.html
I may replace my Animal's tongue as well, Can I just find some white foam sponges, cut/sculpt it, dye it and call it good? Or is there special puppet foam to use?

What about replacing the nose with a larger one?
Accuracy aside, can I do a nose out of a larger similar shaped object and cover it with dyed Antron Fleece? Again accuracy aside, I think it would look great to 99% of the people.
Any other ideas?

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my Animal, Gonzo, and Kermit.

Kermit and Gonzo have no mods done to them.
Animal just has the eye rims covered in fur, new pupils, and about 8hs over the past few nights messing with his hair to get it to where it is.

I'll get some Drum sticks for Animal, a better looking flower for Gonzo's jacket, and new pupils when I can find some big enough.

LMK what you think.

Lynn

Telly

Reaction score
I still need to get Animal! Everytime I start to put money aside, something comes up! This time it's moving! ARGH!

I think a pic ONLY thread would be pretty sweet. I LOVE seeing everyone else's replica pictures! :crazy: