Muppet Babies opening sequence question

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they used the season long opening and the same opening from season six during the seventh season.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I have a question about a particular "Muppet Babies" opening title sequence:

I know the one commonly seen on Youtube (starts with Baby Rowlf on the piano, Fozzie on the rocking horse, etc.) was from the first and second seasons, but when did THIS opening first be put into use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwaddpsKdKg

I am guessing it first began to be used in 1987, judging by the animation style. I know a shorter opening sequence debuted in the 1990 season that combined clips from both intros and started with Baby Kermit on a toy train. But which season did that second long opening start?
Did you notice that that first Youtube clip didn't have any sound effects over the top of the theme music?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I should check that again. Both those clips that Muppet Dude posted were from the original opening, but I didn't quite notice to many differences, so that's something I might want to check on.

Also, in another post someone posted the different versions of closing credits for the different seasons. I'd sort of like to see something like that for all the different openings of the show.

Let's see. I know the first one was used in seasons 1 and 2, Then as somebody mentioned, the storybook opening probably started in season 3. Then I guess the "Muppet Babies and Little Monsters" opening came out a little bit after that. Then there was a new opening used for later eps, with :smile: on the train. Also, they built the show's logo out of blocks.

Then I can think of two that were used in syndication. One was the shorter version of the first opening which is seen on a lot of the 'You Tube' videos and that's the one I remember mostly when I watched the show as a kid. Then there was another opening used in syndication which was similar to the final season's 'train' opening, but with different episode clips. (Ex: With a naked :concern: finding something scary in the closet.)

That makes six, six vonderful Muppet Babies openings. Ah ah ah ah ah!

If there's anything I left out, let me know.

mjb1124

Reaction score
Let's see. I know the first one was used in seasons 1 and 2, Then as somebody mentioned, the storybook opening probably started in season 3. Then I guess the "Muppet Babies and Little Monsters" opening came out a little bit after that.
Little Muppet Monsters aired at the beginning of season 2.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I was waiting for someone to reply to that one. Though I have seen a clip of the 'Muppet Babies' and 'Little Monsters' opening with Princess Piggy in the tower and Kermit with a sword and shield. However, if that opening of Muppet Babies didn't appear until season 3, then that wouldn't really be possible unless the clip with Kermit with the sword and shield appeared on 'Muppet Babies and Little Monsters' before it appeared on the regular 'Muppet Babies' opening. This is kind of confusing.

Another thing that confuses me is that the first opening of the show features a scene of the 'Muppet Babies' playing 'Wizard of Oz' characters and walking on the Yellow Brick Road. I believe if I'm not mistaken, that one was from a season two episode. So how could it have appeared in the season one opening. I guess the production order was sort of messed up there.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, sorry for the double post, but I checked the 'Muppet Babies and Little Monsters' opening on You Tube and as it turns out the Kermit with the sword and shield thing didn't appear in that one. I guess that did come later after all. I thought I saw it there before, but maybe I was thinking of something else. You can disregard the first part of my post. I am kind of curious about the other thing though. How a scene from a second season ep can appear in a first season opening. Any thoughts on this?

wiley207

Reaction score
In the second season they DID continue using the first season opening. Also, that clip with the Muppets as the Wizard of Oz characters (predating the 2005 TV movie) during that intro was made for the opening sequence. They did a similar scene in a Season 2 episode, which was also shown during the "Storybook" intro. That one used some clips from older episodes while the original opening had new clips made just for the intro.

wiley207

Reaction score
For those interested, here are the lyrics to the Little Muppet Monsters opening...

CHORUS: Muppet Babies, and Little Monsters too!
Welcome to our house, there's lots of fun for you!
(Cue Muppet Babies opening clip)
BABY SCOOTER: I've got my computer...
BABY SKEETER: I flip through the air!
BABY ROWLF: I'll play the piano,
BABY GONZO: And I got blue hair, ha!
(trumpet solo)
BABY GONZO: HUH?
(cue Muppet Babies closing credits theme)
CHORUS: Come down in the basement, putting on shows...
WOMEN SINGERS: Little Muppet Monsters!
CHORUS: Kermit and the Penguins and Pigs in Space, too,
Everybody's joining Tug and Molly and Boo...
SANDWICH: This is ridiculous!
WOMEN SINGERS: Little Muppet Monsters!
Little Muppet Monsters!
CHORUS: Muppet Babies, we make our dreams come true...
Muppet Babies, we'll do the same for you...
Muppet, Muppet, Muppet, Muppet,
Babies, Babies, Babies, Babies,
And monsters too!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In the second season they DID continue using the first season opening. Also, that clip with the Muppets as the Wizard of Oz characters (predating the 2005 TV movie) during that intro was made for the opening sequence. They did a similar scene in a Season 2 episode, which was also shown during the "Storybook" intro. That one used some clips from older episodes while the original opening had new clips made just for the intro.
Oh, I get it. So that's not a clip from that show. It's just a coincidence. I'll have to check both of those again and make some comparisons.