Your Thoughts: Kermit's World Tour

rtgentry

Reaction score
Awesome pics. Now thats Kermit! Makes me want to sell some plasma or something to get the money to buy my own...

Java

Reaction score
You did a wonderful job! My favorite is the one of Kermit looking at a poster of Henson performing him.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You did a wonderful job! My favorite is the one of Kermit looking at a poster of Henson performing him.
Mine, too. When the idea hit, we took the pictures, and I saw them on the camera I welled-up inside. It was bittersweet to me to see that because I felt emotion in it, seeing as the museum is on the banks of Deer Creek where Jim Henson used to play, fish, and swim with his friend Kermit (Smith?) and who stated that's where the frog's name came from.

The museum has several articles from when Dr. Kermit (Scott?) realized it was his name that inspired the name for the frog. He was reading an article and was surprised to see that about him, finally realizing that all the kids who called him Kermit the Frog were right! :smile: It's a good article.

I have the video photo montage's up from the Leland, MS, trip and from all over the Memphis Tour. Go to Mule TV at www.muleythemule.com to see them. I wanted folks to see the MR pix first.

The video montages are for folks who may never get to go to the museum or come visit Memphis as much as they are to show the remainder of the pix I couldn't send down to MR.

This is such a great thing--definitely buy your Kermit! He's awesome!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Those... were... AWESOME!

Wow, you really got a ton of pictures didn't you? Ha ha. When you said you had more than what you showed on MR's site, I never imagined you'd have that many. So cool. Aw man, there's too many favorite pictures to list here, but oh boy, you sure did pose him well. Great job man. And the music you had playing for the montages was perfect as well. You must have some great albums in your collection, I never new some of that stuff was ever available!

Super, super, super job Kevin!
:smile:
Anthony

Davina

Reaction score
loved the montages.. was great looking at all the museum stuff.. (and picking out the bits i have.. and even one it looks like i have and they don't....)
they were fabulously well done, i'm just so touched by what you were able to accomplish

muppetguy

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but...

I was thinking....when the other photo puppets are available for sale, maybe Kermit can meet them on his road trip, to have them all in a reunion at the end of all the charcters of production are finished. And, yes, I am following the Kermit trail, it's great!:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for liking the pictures and all, gang.

The music was on some CDs, and the non-existant on CD stuff came from Muppet Musique (RIP).

My mom finally saw the images and the ones with Kermit's hand on Jim's hand and trying to hug Jim in the video made her cry. I welled-up after I saw the images on my buddy's digital camera.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great, fantastic pictures, Kev! You should be Kermit's offical photographer. And the inclusion of Muley! Loved that.

Up close how did the MR replica compare to the cased one at the museum? :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, at the museum, and I may mis-remember this, they tell you it's the actual Kermit from TMM. Unless it was a remote controlled Kermit it wasn't. It is a beautiful display, though. There are local Menonites (sp?) who built the display for that Kermit! They do great work.

Between the two, I really don't know what to say. After having performed with the actual Kermit puppet in the auditions a few years ago I know that the poser is only a hair or two smaller than the actual puppet. The display-Kermit seems a tad bit bigger to me.

While I'd love to have the display from the museum, I'll stick with my Master Replicas Kermit. It's beautiful, you can get a great Kermit smile out of him if you work with posing his head just right, the posing options are amazing, and it really is unsurpassable of any other Kermit collectible ever made or to be created in this material.

I'm glad you liked the pictures, Froggy. The compliment is appreciated. I know a few folks that I hoped to impress with these pictures and you're one of them...you have keen eyes! :smile: Anyway, I'm glad you liked them.

Another thing I hope is that folks will see the pictures and those who take them will write in somewhere to let people know that the poser is a great collectible so other folks will buy them. Definitely worth the money, and MR isn't even giving me anything to say so! Ha ha! It's just the truth, and everybody knows their Foz will give them the truth.

Or dare...whichever is funnier...

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Well, at the museum, and I may mis-remember this, they tell you it's the actual Kermit from TMM. Unless it was a remote controlled Kermit it wasn't. It is a beautiful display, though. There are local Menonites (sp?) who built the display for that Kermit! They do great work.
It went by really fast in your montage, but I thought I saw the arm sleeve tucked under him in the display. But then that didn't make sense, unless he's stuffed or something. Did it look like one of the actual posers to you? (I mean, as opposed to an MR poser).

:stick_out_tongue: