Dark Crystal and Labyrinth Anniversary Edition DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Nice artwork. It would have been nice to have the artwork from the original movie posters on these Anniversay Editions tho.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
It looks like UK fans will get these anniversary DVDs soon, fingers crossed as BBFC (The British Board of Film Classification) have passed the films a few days ago.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
...This special 2-disc anniversary edition features a new high definition film transfer...
It doesn't specifically say "Blu-Ray" or "HD-DVD," so what does this mean exactly?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It doesn't specifically say "Blu-Ray" or "HD-DVD," so what does this mean exactly?
I think it has just been newly transfered from the original 35mm (not sure that's right) film. They can clean up the image better nowadays. I hope it isn't being released as a HD DVD tho, or at least not ONLY.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if the image really will be any better then the Superbit DVD's released just a few years ago. Those looked great. Nevertheless, its great to hear they are re-releasing them with added material. I commentary track by Frank Oz, on the Dark Crystal would be gold though. Why he hasn't, or doesn't, is beyond me.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Perhaps, but "high definition" nowadays pretty much means Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.
I really hope that's not the case, but as Sony are releasing The Dark Crystal as a two-disc, maybe one disc will be Blu-Ray and the other just regular DVD.

FrankV

Reaction score
It looks like UK fans will get these anniversary DVDs soon, fingers crossed as BBFC (The British Board of Film Classification) have passed the films a few days ago.
According to the Sony Pictures UK website the anniversary DVDs will be released in on October 1, 2007.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I hope it will be HD ! Would make sense to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.