• Bein' Green

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
Very funny story. I am crying I am laughing so hard. I can just picture this guy in his briefs in front of a mirrior singing It's Not Easy Being Green. That is great
LOL, I actually found a picture of him online. Do you know how to post it in a thread, so you can all have a look.

Rax

Reaction score
Definitely The Rainbow Connection.

Gr, Rax

Zena Star

Reaction score
I will have to go with the Rainbow Connection. I don't like how on TV soemtimes in ads, there's this new sort of rappy version of Bein Green, which relates more to the environment, and less to Kermit, and how at then time when it was made, wasn't the song more about race? I can't be sure.

unclematt

Reaction score
The song was about Kermit and his struggles wth being different in general.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
wasn't the song more about race? I can't be sure.
The song was about Kermit and his struggles wth being different in general.
Well you're both right, the song was about Kermit struggling and finally accepting the way he was. And the sentiment was very much identified with the Civil Rights movement at that time. :smile:

I'm not a fan of people re-doing songs, but I don't mind Bein' Green used for environmental messages as well. :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I love both of them but I think Rainbow Connection evokes more emotion out of me (though Bein' Green is touching, too).

unclematt

Reaction score
Well you're both right, the song was about Kermit struggling and finally accepting the way he was. And the sentiment was very much identified with the Civil Rights movement at that time.

I'm not a fan of people re-doing songs, but I don't mind Bein' Green used for environmental messages as well. :smile:
I really enjoy Rowlf's:sympathy: version of Bein' Green from the Muppet Show and Big Bird's:wisdom: version at Jim's memorial

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think "Bein' Green" is Kermit's signature song whereas "Rainbow Connection" is for all the Muppets in the Muppet world in general much like "When you wish upon a star" is to all Disney characters. That's just my opinion.

Nick22

Reaction score
I think "Bein' Green" is Kermit's signature song whereas "Rainbow Connection" is for all the Muppets in the Muppet world in general much like "When you wish upon a star" is to all Disney characters. That's just my opinion.
i agree