Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
Although I love the box set, I wish they put more clips on it!
While I agree with the CTW regarding repetition is the key to education, they really didn't need to rrepeat so many clips throughout each dvd! They could've included so many many more great clips that haven't seen the light of day in years!
Hopefully they'll get it right for the next installment.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although I love the box set, I wish they put more clips on it!
While I agree with the CTW regarding repetition is the key to education, they really didn't need to rrepeat so many clips throughout each dvd! They could've included so many many more great clips that haven't seen the light of day in years!
Hopefully they'll get it right for the next installment.
I don't mind it that much. Those episodes were originally included in the episodes that Sesame Workshop chose to have released. I don't think Sesame Workshop chose those episodes just because some of them have the same sketches (and quite a few episodes had the same sketches sown twice). I read that the first Electric Company set had a few sketches repeated within the episodes chosen for inclusion, and I read at Wikipedia's page for The Electric Company that some of the episodes on volume two were cut, stating that most of the cut sketches were already on volume one, speculating that Sesame Workshop didn't want to repeat many sketches (but I don't recall any citations on that). I don't know if anyhting was replaced on that set.

MaxeyBoy

Reaction score
hi, im from england and had to search high and low for a dvd 'hack' so i could get it from amazon and actually play it on my machine...im glad i did..

a few things, someone mentioned an easter egg, where would that be? (yeah i know, i should work it out for myself, but im far too lazy)

plus if you listen closely on the episode where david leads a conga-line/follow the leader type thing and big bird gets his beak in his face david says -

"im gonna kill you".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
MaxeyBoy said:
plus if you listen closely on the episode where david leads a conga-line/follow the leader type thing and big bird gets his beak in his face david says -

"im gonna kill you".
Lol yeah I noticed that too, lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just got the Old School DVD form Caroline for my birthday! And it's just great!:smile:

Wow! That was some really cool sounding music mike!:smile:

Billy Moon

Reaction score
Reading the review made me want to buy the Old School DVD. Originally I thought I probably wouldn't like it much, since there isn't a nostalgic aspect in it for me - the only Sesame Street I've seen (apart from the two movies) was our short-lived local version some ten years ago.

But are there many Muppet scenes a grown-up who's never seen the original version on Sesame Street can enjoy? Or does the set's charm lie in the nostalgia? For the record, I did enjoy Follow that Bird, but not so much the Elmo movie...:concern: :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But are there many Muppet scenes a grown-up who's never seen the original version on Sesame Street can enjoy? Or does the set's charm lie in the nostalgia? For the record, I did enjoy Follow that Bird, but not so much the Elmo movie...:concern: :smirk:
Well for a purely Muppet fan, there's a lot of charming early Kermit footage. And the first Old School DVD has a bonus feature featuring Rowlf and Kermit sort of pitching the show, which is quite funny, lol.

I do appreciate Old School for nostalgic reasons, but I also think it has a lot of genuinely funny Muppet moments, in that the early days of Sesame Street was much more multi layered, something both kids and adults could appreciate.

Hope that helps!

mr3urious

Reaction score
If a volume 3 is released, I hope the entire camp saga is included along with it, since part 1 debuted on season 14, and it wouldn't be right to not include the others in the saga. It also wouldn't make sense for SW not to include the famous episode in which Mr. Hooper dies, so I hope they do.

Also, I see parts of season 11 would get into some copyright troubles, since "Happy Birthday" is used in a couple of scenes. That's why a scene in season 7 got edited on the DVD release. :boo: