Muppet Babies and Monsters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
During the hours airings there was only one set of closing credits, to close the full hour, like a merge of the two shows. I wonder if Henson ever produced a seperate, individual closing credits sequence for Little Muppet Monsters, to be shown on its own if it had lasted. If the show was released on DVD it'd be interesting to know for sure (though it'd be weird if all episodes were shown without a closing sequence).

I watched all three broadcast episodes that were uploaded on YouTube. I feel like the first episode was the best, and the other two were a bit mediocre. Not too bad, but definately no "Muppet Show" or "Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody". Outside of the first episode I feel like the animated segments were the best parts (and it's great that they got Richard Hunt to be the voice of animated Beaker). The monster kids were great characters who should have continued to be used as main characters outside the series, and the cameos by the main Muppets (in live-action form) were good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched all three broadcast episodes that were uploaded on YouTube. I feel like the first episode was the best, and the other two were a bit mediocre. Not too bad, but definately no "Muppet Show" or "Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody". Outside of the first episode I feel like the animated segments were the best parts (and it's great that they got Richard Hunt to be the voice of animated Beaker). The monster kids were great characters who should have continued to be used as main characters outside the series, and the cameos by the main Muppets (in live-action form) were good.
It did feel that there was something missing that may have just came together if the show went on longer. I understand but don't agree with Jim and the rest pulling it, and they could have at LEAST merged some of the existing cartoon segments into full episodes (like how Bonkers segments from Raw Toonage were fashioned together for the main show)... hey, they paid for them. Even the ones used in 8 Flags over the Nursery were the ones that were aired.

Finding these cartoons would be a fan base Holy Grail, sure... they may not have been the best thing out there, but they are indeed interesting. Now they SHOULD have made a Pigs in Space cartoon with the same writers and Muppeteers for voice actors, similar to the Filmation Star Trek series. There IS limitless potential in that.

But again, the symbiotic combination of animation and puppetry was perfected in the much better Dog City, where they interacted with one another, giving it an almost Fraggle Rock style of co-existance... only, of course, it was more like Doc interacting with the Fraggles themselves.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
From what I've seen of the "Little Muppet Monsters", it looks cool to me. But then, I'm way less picky about such things.
I'm also the one who loves the animated version of "Fraggle Rock" along with the live action puppet version.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really like the piano riff at the beginning of the animated Fragle Rock theme song. I wish somehow I was good enough at that sort of thing, and had 2 clean versions of the song to try to remix that piano riff into the live action original series opening.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
You might check around on Youtube or something- you never know, someone may have already done that for you.:coy::big_grin: