What sketches scared you as a kid?

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
But again, that one wasn't on Sesame Street....
Sorry I guess. XD The sketch from Sesame Street that I remember as creepy was Grover and the Monster in the Mirror. But I just had to post The Windmills in My Mind because it, IMO, is the scariest sketch that I saw and it disturbed me when I was a kid.

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
When i was little the Monsterpiece Theatre sketches absolutely freaked me out! i had so many nightmares.... heh heh, but i love cookie monster now. his wit in the prarie dawn & cookie sketches these days really makes me giggle :insatiable:

dinoboy

Reaction score
How about when a man makes a loaf of bread from scratch, he does it in fast motion and you see the bread dough rise. I remember the music heard in the background was kind of creepy.

groverlover

Reaction score
I always ran and hid when James Earl Jones came on to count from 1 to 10. I just watched the clip again on Youtube for the first time since I was a kid, and it still kinda scares me even though I am now 41!

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I always ran and hid when James Earl Jones came on to count from 1 to 10. I just watched the clip again on Youtube for the first time since I was a kid, and it still kinda scares me even though I am now 41!
That segment seems like it would be kind of scary to a kid. I remember being scared of James Earl Jones when he was on another show I used to watch as a kid.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Here's one I'm sure SOMEONE'S afraid of: Factory Countdown: The electronic voice mixed with the creepy keyboard music is just creepy Uggh.

And everyone's nightmare: the 1992-1995 end credits with the dancing statue of liberty and kids dancing in the subway. I used to be afraid of it, but just the tambourine and boat whistle at the beginning. Other than that it's a great funky rendition of the theme song I'm sure EVERYONE grew up with. Not me... born in 1998, and I'm proud!

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGAWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe it's you...

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Which was fine, until "Hugga Wugga" came on.
Then I always hid under my bedcovers for some reason.

IGGY35
I know. Hugga's gravelly voice. Have you actually seen Hugga Wugga himself? I have....EEEEEEKKK!:eek: Never will again...:big_grin:

Don't worry. Many people have this Hugga Wugga-phobia. I do. Together we can fight this fear of the giant mauve (Reddish-purple) muppet with absolutely TERRIFYING eyes!

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGWATTS! -Doc Brown

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Anyone afraid of Kermit and Beautiful Day Monster in the Sound of B? Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUUP0tAiziE&feature=related

I never saw it before, and I can probably see someone afraid of it, the way BDM inhales, then his eyebrows raise, then yells BBBBBUUUUHHHH, knocking over Kermit. He repeats the process, yelling at the viewers, and then the picture brightens as he yells, arms flailing, then fades to black. EEEEKK!

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGWATTS! -Doc Brown

BeckyDR

Reaction score
And everyone's nightmare: the 1992-1995 end credits with the dancing statue of liberty and kids dancing in the subway. I used to be afraid of it, but just the tambourine and boat whistle at the beginning. Other than that it's a great funky rendition of the theme song I'm sure EVERYONE grew up with. Not me... born in 1998, and I'm proud!
I actually loved those credits...but then again, the 1972-1992 funding credits scared me to death (born in 1980), so I'm probably at least a little biased :wink:.