Youtube trouble.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hear Joe Murray is actually happy with bootlegs and unofficial season sets of Rocko's Modern Life, saying that he's glad somebody's giving the Rocko fans what they want "because Nickelodeon sure isn't."

As I understand it, Murray's actually trying to regain the rights to the show and the characters, that'd be interesting to see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hear Joe Murray is actually happy with bootlegs and unofficial season sets of Rocko's Modern Life, saying that he's glad somebody's giving the Rocko fans what they want "because Nickelodeon sure isn't."

As I understand it, Murray's actually trying to regain the rights to the show and the characters, that'd be interesting to see.
The words "Good Luck" come to mind. Did he actually pay attention to what went down with John K and the dude that created Invader Zim? Nick never really liked their creators. But that's a different topic for another day. The only licencee that switched from Nick was when Disney made those new episodes of Doug... and then that just complicated things further, especially with Nick.

Thing is, Matt and Trey, the creators of South Park feel the same way. They like people making fan videos and posting their stuff. It's just that Viacom probably wanted a LOT more money than YT was going to give them, and walked out like a baby, pulling everything sown. That's exactly EXACTLY what happened to WMG... they couldn't negotiate, so they acted like total babies, even pulling down things they dubiously claim to own. Even the TMNT theme song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thing is, Matt and Trey, the creators of South Park feel the same way. They like people making fan videos and posting their stuff.
Hey, I would feel the same way - that'd let me know that fans out there appreciate the work enough to show it... it's just hard to do when you don't work indepedently, and your creations are under the ownership of a larger corporation.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Now it looks like all of the comments for the videos are gone.

What's going on?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They're most likely doing site maintenance, and adding comments, ratings and uploading is disabled until they're done.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That's what griped me about Fraggle Rock. I see Baloobius' stuff was taken off, but it seems so arbitrary. Some of her songs and Matt's postcard segments remain, but a couple of songs were blocked. I mean, I can see how posting whole eps is bad once the DVDs are out, but song clips? Or, I had two videos, one about Fraggle shipping and one about the Fraggles wanting a movie. I dubbed some of the lines myself, maybe half the dialogue (in the second one ... in the first one, it was nearly all me). THEY GOT PULLED! Why in God's name did they get pulled? I made sure to make it abundantly clear it was unofficial fan stuff. It was just extremely irritating. That's why my RedPiggy's Realizations have just screenshots. I'm not in the mood to have it pulled again.