Your Thoughts: Horton Hears a Who

Drtooth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who had no love for that character? She seemed waaaay too out of place. She seemed like a character that's weird for weird's sake. And frankly, she looks a little too much like Insectasaur from "Monsters VS Aliens" to be a co-incidence... these animation studios are known to steal from each other.

I did like how they sort of hinted at Grinchy looking beings in Whoville.... Not quite the cross over cameo by the Grinch in the Chuck Jones Horton... but it was nice to see that get a shout out.

Actually, I liked the idea the movie had where it looks like he can't save the sledge and says, "Oh well, they're just toys, right?" But then when Cindy Lou Who is the one in danger, he becomes more motivated.
The thing I really liked about the film, despite liking the over all originals in book and Chuck Jones form, was the slight change of character that brings up the same message. In the book/special, the Grinch takes the gifts so he can shut up the happy celebration that annoyed him for 53 years. The movie changes that, so he takes the presents to punish the Whos for their greed and arrogance. I actually kinda liked his speech about the bratty kids who want a pony, and then get sick of riding it twice and selling it to the glue factory. But hardly in the same class as the original.