Your Thoughts: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands Music Festival Sunday August 7, 2016

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I watched the video muppetperson posted. Wow!

This was so cool! Great choice of songs and the music was fantastic! I loved the inserts during the breaks and that giant Electric Mayhem flag someone was waving in the audience!

The performers were brilliant, but what else would you expect from them! Matt and David were awesome together and Bill just knocked it out of the park! There really wasn't much attention on Zoot so I can't really say anything about Dave. How cool was it that they decided to go full-body Muppets for this?

My only wish is that they had actually given Lips at least a moment to sing by himself. That's okay though. Steve did phenomenally with the trumpet playing!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was great. I really liked the drawings of the band that appear in the closing song.

It was weird that, for the most part, Lips is absent from the video segments (he does pop up briefly in the "how we met" segment, but I feel he should have been in the van with the rest of the band). I wonder if Steve Whitmire was absent from those (though, since he didn't talk, anybody could have handled him), or if there was consideration to not include him (well, today as I looked through older Tough Pigs posts about this I saw a poster that did mention that Lips would appear, I must have missed it long ago). At least we got to see him mentioned by name and at least he got to say at least one line (there were times when it was a bit hard to determine who was talking) when the band was guessing what woman Dr. Teeth was thinking about (according to Muppet Wiki, the names of each girl guessed is the name of the performers wives).

During the video segments, I wish they could have just shown the video image to the computer, as opposed to cutting back and forth from video to live footage of the video screens.

It is cool that we get to see the legs of the characters. I guess the performers wore black sleeves to blend in with the black sets. I wish I could tell if the characters were sitting or standing. It does look like Lips is walking a few times.

I think this is the first time I saw arm wires on Lips (or was that just a wire for his trumpet?) in something that wasn't a behind the scenes photo or footage. I've seen some behind the scenes photos that show that Lips has arm wires, but the wires somehow never show (even in the days before arm wires were digitally erased).

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I just woke up and i´m so glad you guys did record this. I just loved the opening with can you picture that. This is so great. The muppets do what they are suposed to do, bring a smile on my face!

rocketdave

Reaction score
That was a really awesome thing to witness. I was actually moved to applaud at the end, despite the fact that I was watching at home by myself.

Thanks to Muppet Central for sending out the email reminder; even though I've only posted to the forum a couple times, it makes me glad I finally decided to get an account here. Otherwise, I'm sure the concert would have slipped my mind until it was too late.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Loved Janice and Floyd singing home way too precious and that titanic remake Hahaha I was dying of cuteness and laughter at the refrence