Will Frank Oz be in Monsters Inc. 2?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
It turns out that veteran Muppet Performer Frank Oz was the voice of Randall's assistant Fungus in Disney/Pixar's Monsters, Inc.

However, I was thinking that, with Monsters, Inc 2 in the works, would Frank reprise his role as Fungus? Given Frank's retirement from the Muppets after Monsters, Inc 1's release, maybe not.

Does anyone think Eric Jacobson would make a good Fungus?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well i hear that Eric is a pretty fun guy...

Drtooth

Reaction score
It turns out that veteran Muppet Performer Frank Oz was the voice of Randall's assistant Fungus in Disney/Pixar's Monsters, Inc.

However, I was thinking that, with Monsters, Inc 2 in the works, would Frank reprise his role as Fungus? Given Frank's retirement from the Muppets after Monsters, Inc 1's release, maybe not.

There's a difference. With the Muppets (Sesame Street included), Frank would have to find time in his busy schedule to find a time when everyone else is available to perform, go down to whatever city they're shooting in, being New York or California or even somewhere else. Where as with this, there's gotta be a way to record lines by phone or Skype. If not, he just has to go to some recording studio give a couple hours or days (depending on the role) of his time, and just read off a script.

But then again, that's depending on if Fungus even has a role in the movie period.