Why Only Frank Oz?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I think it's interesting that Richard was designated as "Creative Consultant" on Ghost of Faffner Hall. And since Frank's held the same title on other Muppet productions, it does certainly look like Richard was being trained to take on the role of director.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
It may be worth noting that Dave Goelz was credited as 'Creative Consultant' for 'The Secret Life Of Toys.

Kevin Clash may not have directed, but he's been 'Puppet Coordinator' many times.

Of course Nigel Plaskitt is also known for his directing, and he has worked with The Muppets on occassion.

And ok it wasn't a Henson production, but what exactly was Louise Gold's designation on Spitting Image, in that show's early days?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kevin Clash has directed some Sesame Street stuff, I think. Bill Baretta has some direction credits to his name also, correct?

I think it'd be interesting to see what the other original Muppeteers would be able to direct.

I mean, I wonder what a Muppet movie would be like under the direction of Carroll Spinney?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Very nice article and I liked the voice discussion that was recorded.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Wow, Fozzie, I actually missed the Spinney audio the first time. Thanks for pointing that out. It was nice to hear Spinney talking not only about Big Bird and Oscar but some of his earlier characters also. He is sure one talented individual!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's too bad he didn't talk about Bruno or Shivers the Penguin.