Who would also make a good Kermit?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We all know our favorite frog, Kermit. Jim Henson and Steve Whitmire both did a wonderful job preforming the lean green hopping machine. Both brought uniquness to Kermit, in my opinion, Steve's Kermit is a little more cutting edge. Eventually, someone else will have to take on Kermit. I don't know about you all, but my choice would be David Rudman. Why David Rudman? Just take a moment and listen to his Peter Crachit voice in The Muppet Christmas Carol, sounds very similar to a Kermit voice. Who do you think would do a good job with the next Kermit?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I agree that David Rudman could fill in for Kermit. He is a great puppeteer as Baby Bear on Sesame Street, and his Peter was close to Kermit. But David is 40, and Steve is 45. I doubt he would be the one to take over after Steve retires, being they are so close in age. I don't think the "next kermit" has been descovered yet. I think Steve's Kermit will be around for a while.
:smile:

I sometimes wonder about Dave Goelz's characters. He is almost 60 and none of his characters have been taken over by other preformers. Jerry Nelson is starting to hand over characters, plus Carrol Spinney & Frank Oz have too. But Dave, one of the original Muppeteers, is still in there and stronger than ever. All the other core Muppeteers (Brian Henson, Bill Barretta, Kevin Clash, Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire) are in their mid-40's or younger. I wonder what Dave's exit stragegy or "escape plan" is, if he has one, once he decides to retire from Muppeteering. I would hate to see Gonzo, Bunsen, Waldorf, Zoot, Beauregarde, and more to dissapear along with him so generations can not experiance these core characters.
:concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had no idea David Rudman was already in his 40's. Still his voice was very close. I heard about Jerry Nelson characters being recasted, I don't know whether it's voice, puppeteering, or both. You know, when I think about, David Rudman would've been just as good Ernie substiture for PWMS.