When do those new Star Wars Muppet figures come out?

muppetguy

Reaction score
The title asks it all folks. I remember seeing news coverage at a convention, maybe the star wars one in Orlando that there are going to be new Muppet figures as star wars characters. Does anyone know when these are going to be released? Any info is helpful.

Thank you.:wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot about those.They were previewed back in August last year in Orlando.They were action figure versions of the PVC's and I think they were to be sold in 2 packs and there would be 4 of them(8 characters).There was no word at the time when they would be released and nothing has been said since.

Dearth

Reaction score
I was at that panel back in August in Orlando, and posted video of it on my YouTube account (LextheRobot).

Since then, I've asked a few times with my contact at Disney Parks Merchandise about release dates, but I never get a definitive response.

I can say this... as was recently stated on the Disney Parks blog, the big StarSpeeder 1000 vehicle/playset, announced at the same panel, will NOT be ready for the re-opening of Star Tours but will come out later in 2010.

So, it's possible that the Muppet stuff got pushed back as well.

Wish I had more concrete info on those Muppet/Star Wars hybrids... but I assure you as soon as I find out more info, I will pass it along!

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Well, how's this for service? I just got a delayed response from Disney Parks Merchandise (specifically, one of the three guys from the same panel that I videotaped back in August) to an older email I'd sent him on this very topic!

To paraphrase, the Muppets/Star Wars figures *were* originally slated for the spring, but have been pushed back until the fall, to coincide with the release of the new Muppet movie in theaters.

Alex

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info Muppetperson and to you too, Dearth, for the info from your contact. I can't wait to see what the acctual product looks like.

Dearth

Reaction score
No problem! By the way, here's the writeup I did for the panel at EndorExpress.net, with a link to the video playlist and some nifty photos provided by Orlando Attractions Magazine...

http://www.endorexpress.net/special-features/cv-disney-parks-collector-panel/

He got good stills of all the Muppet figure designs. I'm still curious how tall these will be, I forgot to ask Brad S. that the last time I wrote him.

Alex