What's your favorite episode of the Muppet show?

golden teeth

Reaction score
Its close for me, but Id have to say Rudolph Nureyev is my favorite episode. I loved Sam trying to make everyone sophisticated and it was great when the Electric Mayhem tried to keep themselves under control. Plus I loved (and was sad that they cut it out of syndication) the Incomplete guy song. Whats yer favorite episode.:confused:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Raquel Welch, Leslie Uggams, Steve Martin, Marty Feldman.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Plus I loved (and was sad that they cut it out of syndication) the Incomplete guy song.
That song was called "Something's Missing". You can tell it was originally intended for the Don Knotts episode, b/c in one of the scenes from that episode, we see the two characters from that number walking offstage. Why they switched it I don't know. It goes well with the Nureyev episode visually.

Nureyev episode is one of my favorites, a must for any collection. My all-time favorite episode is the one with Paul Williams. Runners-up are Vincent Price, Joel Grey, and Ben Vereen.

I could go on listing them: Don Knotts, Rich Little, Teresa Brewer, George Burns, Bernadette Peters, Rudolf Nureyev, Elton John, Lou Rawls, Petula Clark, Roy Clark, Alice Cooper, Loretta Lynn, James Coco, Helen Reddy, Spike Milligan, Roger Miller, Lola Falana, Lynda Carter, Alan Arkin, Diana Ross, Loretta Swit, Roger Moore, Paul Simon, Gladys Knight, Marty Feldman, Chris Langham, and Gene Kelly. In fact, I just did list them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Frogster

Reaction score
I love Loretta Switt and Spike Milligan's episodes best so far; I hope to see the rest later.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Kenny Rogers, Paul Williams, Sylvester Stallone, Ben Vereen.
1, 2, and 4 have great music and fun numbers. 3 because the humour is fun and it's just really amusing.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
The very Best of the Muppet Show

I would say all of them. Because I am like everyone else A true Muppetfan.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
i'll say all of them too, even the ones I haven't watched (Anne Murray ep comes to mind).

BJ

mikebennidict

Reaction score
wish I had 1. it's been almost a quarter of a centery since it was axed or production ceased and very rarely have I seen reruns of it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
That song was called "Something's Missing". You can tell it was originally intended for the Don Knotts episode, b/c in one of the scenes from that episode, we see the two characters from that number walking offstage. Why they switched it I don't know. It goes well with the Nureyev episode visually.
If it was originally meant to be part of the Don Knotts episode, maybe it was cut for time but Jim Henson thought it would be good enough to be included in another episode.

It is hard for me to pick one favorite, so I will list my five favorites from each season. Now, I haven't seen every episode, and the first season is the only one that I;ve seen every episode of, so once more season sets come out (or once I manage to see very episode, if I somehow see episodes before every episode is released) then this list might change (and I have a feeling it might for seasons 3 and 5).

Season 1 favorites: Connie Stevens, Rita Moreno, Paul Williams, Peter Ustinov, and Kaye Ballard.

Season 2 favorites: Edgar Bergan, Steve Martin, Madeline Kahn, Julie Andrews, and John Cleese.

Season 3 favorites: Raquel Welch, Alice Cooper, Gilda Radner, Danny kaye, and Leslie Uggums.

Season 4 favorites: The Stars of Star Wars, Lynda Carter, Christopher Reeve, Diaba Ross, and Liza Minnelli.

Season 5 favorites: Gene Kelley, Shirley Bassey, Mellissa Manchester, Brooke Shields, and Linda Ronstadt.

jediX

Reaction score
I posted this in the duplicate thread by accident.

Wow, now that's a toughie. This is probably the first "what's your favorite..." that I've actually had to put some thought into.

As a child, I had a very limited selection of TMS -- just a few episodes my parents had taped and a few of the Playhouse clip tapes. Of the episodes I had, Dudley Moore was my favorite.

Since I haven't seen all of TMS yet, its still difficult and partially unfair to make a choice. I've seen all but one of the discs of the Time/Life series as well as season 1, not to mention several episodes I've received in trades in the past. Music-wise, I have to say Debbie Harry. Plot-wise, I have to say Mac Davis.