What is The Kermit and Piggy Story?

BornBlue

Reaction score
Wow... I have never seen that before. Now I must!

Beth C

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I saw one for sale on Ebay. I'm gonna get it and then I'll tell ya what it is all about.

You know things like that interest me. :wink:

~Beth C

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cool. Can't wait to know, I'd never heard of it before today.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It features some new footage of Kermit & Piggy dining at a restaurant. This tape is part of the Playhouse Muppet Show series. Basically, it contains a little new footage and a lot of Kermit & Piggy clips from the Muppet Show. All of the 10 Playhouse videos from 1985 contain clips from The Muppet Show and a few from the movies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's a compilation tape that was released in 1985.

The Kermit and Piggy Story shows... well, Kermit and Piggy at dinner in a fancy restaurant remembering the good times, and the not so good times from The Muppet Show. From Miss Piggy's very first appearance as an obsessed chorus girl singing "Temptation", to Kermit and Piggy's "wedding", to Kermit singing "Ukulele Lady" to Piggy. Even this old favorite:

The frog has come to have his say,
The pig'll never get her way.
Bib and napkin, knife and fork
Is the only way that I'll touch pork.

The show ends with Kermit looking over Miss Piggy's bill...

PIGGY: I think I'll go get a pizza.
KERMIT: I think I'll stay here and wash the dishes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
It features some new footage of Kermit & Piggy dining at a restaurant. This tape is part of the Playhouse Muppet Show series. Basically, it contains a little new footage and a lot of Kermit & Piggy clips from the Muppet Show. All of the 10 Playhouse videos from 1985 contain clips from The Muppet Show and a few from the movies.

I had a feeling it was a compilation... I just think that it has a confusing title...

I think they should have called it, Kermit and Piggy's best bits (or something to that extent)

jediX

Reaction score
Of all the Playhouse series tapes (I'm a big fan of the series), it is by far the easiest to come by -- and the cheapest.