What happened to Kevin Clash?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
We dont need him anyway. I think we should just go ahead and leave him to SS. He is doing so much there any way.
Yeah. It seems like Elmo is Kevin's trademark character. How often does he do Muppet Show Muppets anyway? Clifford isn't seen too much anymore and most of his other characters are background characters. I mean, I'm not trying to bash the guy in anyway. He's a very talented performer and all, but it seems that lately he's been too busy with Sesame Street to bother with anything else.

Xerus

Reaction score
It's kind of like how Carroll Spinney was busy doing Big Bird and Oscar to do anything else for Henson. I guess it's now the same for Kevin.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The problem is they seem to tape at the same time.

Reaction score
I love Kevin Clash! Although I think it was a huge mistake to have Clifford as the host of Muppets Tonight over Kermit, I think Clifford is an excellent addition to the core Muppet cast. If I'm not mistaken, I think Kevin has done Statler when Jerry Nelson was not available. Anyone know for sure...yay or nay? I love Elmo even though I think that Sesame Street relies on him too much. I like him when he is supported by Big Bird, Zoe, Grover, Telly, and so on. I would be very upset if Kevin spends less and less time with "Disney's Muppets" in favor of directing and performing in Sesame Street projects.

While I'm thinking about Kevin I'll throw this out there: I think that the core group of puppeteers for the Muppets (excluding SS characters played by the great Carroll and Fran) at the time of Jim's death was the "Dream Team" of puppeteers. You had the Muppet Show vets: Jim, Frank, Jerry, Dave, Richard, and then Steve. With Kevin added to the mix it was perfect. I only wish that we could have had the opportunity to see a Muppet special with Brian Henson, Bill Barretta, and Eric Jacobson performing main characters with Jim.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
The Frog Prince said:
While I'm thinking about Kevin I'll throw this out there: I think that the core group of puppeteers for the Muppets (excluding SS characters played by the great Carroll and Fran) at the time of Jim's death was the "Dream Team" of puppeteers. You had the Muppet Show vets: Jim, Frank, Jerry, Dave, Richard, and then Steve. With Kevin added to the mix it was perfect. I only wish that we could have had the opportunity to see a Muppet special with Brian Henson, Bill Barretta, and Eric Jacobson performing main characters with Jim.
I bet they would have wanted an opportunity to perform with him even more than we would like it! :smile: