what happened to billy bunny

madadam

Reaction score
i have never seen the billy bunny video of along time and think that thay should bring out a billy bunny DVD

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Who is Billy Bunny and what is this video you're speaking of? I presume it is Henson-related of course?

The Narrator

Reaction score
According to the Muppet Wiki, Billy Bunny was the spokesMuppet for the first Muppet Sing-Alongs. That's the only reference I can find of Billy Bunny being used, though.

...I wonder if Billy is related to Bean Bunny.

Kiki

Reaction score
Billy Bunny, I remember that guy! He was a Muppet character from the mid-90's, yeah? Was he ever on Muppet Tonight? I do know him, though. He was on sing-along Muppet videos, including briefly on the "It's Not Easy Bein' Green' one (he did a song with all these frogs). He was performed by Kevin Clash (Billy's laugh is identical to Elmo's)

Frog: "Arn'cha gonna sing, rabbit?"
Billy: "I thought it was ribbit"

Drtooth

Reaction score
How to answer your own question...

Remember who performs the character. Think of the bigger character he performs and all his duties on a certain other show. And there you have it.

Plus, Billy Bunny came out of the 90's muppets post Jim era where they were unsure of what to do and how to do it. They couldn't figure out if they wanted to bring them back to the kid's "Jim Henson Play Along Videos" or go the opposite direction. Billy was stuck in the kid's direction where they were trying to go the Family (which implies older kids and adults) route. The Muppet Sing Along videos weren't so popular that they warranted a real long lasting series... so that could also have been a factor. Mainly because I only remember 3 of them. I could be wrong, though...