What are your fav Muppets Tonight moments?

T

timrikthegorf

I've been downloading MT episodes lately. Before I'd only seen about 4 episodes out of the 2 seasons. One thing that always bugged me was that they never seemed to finish the skit of musical number that was being done. Well I just saw the Paula Abdul episode and I LOVED it! Finally, the numbers and skits were whole and were not interrupted over and ver again. My fav part was the opposites attract number. The muppets were performers again instead of a cheap joke like in other MT bits. The way Clirrod was done in that number was very cool and Sweetums was brought back for it! Now THAT is how all of the MT musical numbers should have been done. It was also good to see a good ol' Muppet Labs bit instead of having Bunsen and Beaker just hanging out back stage, they actually had an invention to show off. It was a great episode.

So, what were your fav moments?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
My fav MT moment is when Gonzo's Muppet Babies was interspersed with someone else's Seinfeld, and the ensuing clip, "Seinfeld Babies," during the Sandra Bullock episode! I hope if they do another Muppet Show, that she'll be asked back!

BJ

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
- Pepe and Seymour's "Ellifino" going completely over the heads of the studio audience, and their failed attempts to explain it. As Gonzo said, "Couple of sandwiches shy of a picnic basket..."

- Rick Moranis in the canteen with Seymour and Pepe, singing about some ant when Seymour squashes the ant. And the ant gets taken away in a tiny ambulance. "Whoops there goes another ambulance, whoops there goes another ambulance, whoops there goes another ambulance ant."

-Kim

MockMockChef

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I've been downloading MT episodes lately. Before I'd only seen about 4 episodes out of the 2 seasons. One thing that always bugged me was that they never seemed to finish the skit of musical number that was being done. Well I just saw the Paula Abdul episode and I LOVED it! Finally, the numbers and skits were whole and were not interrupted over and ver again. My fav part was the opposites attract number. The muppets were performers again instead of a cheap joke like in other MT bits. The way Clirrod was done in that number was very cool and Sweetums was brought back for it! Now THAT is how all of the MT musical numbers should have been done. It was also good to see a good ol' Muppet Labs bit instead of having Bunsen and Beaker just hanging out back stage, they actually had an invention to show off. It was a great episode.

So, what were your fav moments?
Where can you download those episodes?(i hope its not illegal to ask this)

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I think the one that gets me every time is when they drop a piano on Clifford and he comes up saying "Nobody told me they were gonna drop a piano!"; to which Kermit replies, "Well, Clifford, it was all right there in the script!". This leaves Clifford to reply, "Nobody told me there was a SCRIPT!!"

I also like the exchange between Martin Short, Johnny Fiama, Johnny's Mama, and Sal:

Mama offers Martin some of her sauce.

Martin: "Oh, no, I really shouldn't."

Johnny: "Look, when Mama says 'You eat', you eat, you hear?"

Martin: "Oh, but I really shouldn't."

Sal: "Look, when Johnny says 'When Mama says you eat, you hear', YOU EAT, YOU HEAR????"

Also, I love Sal's foray into the world of "Boneology".

I just love the show in general!!!!

eric

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I loved the spots with Bobo the Bear.

Like the one where Larry King was trying to get in, but Bobo insisted he wasn't on the list. Then when Larry said his show was seen in 250 countries, Bobo called him a liar and said there were only 220 countries in the world(I may be off on the numbers). Then they got out a globe and started counting countries.

Later in the show, Johnny Fiama was trying to get in, and Sal was being difficult calling Bobo names. As Bobo was reading down the list he said "Larry King....whoops, he was on the list"

Or the one where he fell in love with Cindy Crawford, and he and Rizzo hooked up an earpiece so Rizzo could feed Bobo lines to say to Cindy. Then Rizzo's nephews came in with balloons, and he said "Hey that's a nice set of balloons, mind if I play with them". Of course Bobo repeated this to Cindy with predictable results.

I also liked those game show spots with Carl The Big Mean Bunny.

The spoof they did of "When Harry Met Sally" with Miss Piggy and Billy Crystal.

The sketch with Jason Alexander as Hercule Poirot(sp?) and everyone thought he was supposed to be Hercules instead.

I'll probably think of some others later.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think muppets tonight is OKAY. But anyway,I really liked the Billy Crystal episode and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a Gilbert Godfried one? I remember he stuck Kermit outside the muppet theater or something that was funny.:smile:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I think muppets tonight is OKAY. But anyway,I really liked the Billy Crystal episode and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a Gilbert Godfried one? I remember he stuck Kermit outside the muppet theater or something that was funny.:smile:
Gilbert won a contest to have a dream date with Kermit. Kermit, however, did not have that great of a time when Gilbert pulled out his book of crime scene photos! ("I'll show it to you while you're eating. Oh, look at that one! He doesn't even look HUMAN anymore!")

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked when Garth Brooks was singing, "If I Were A Rich Man", while kicking chickens around.

The Seinfeld Babies was pretty funny too.

And how about that Potato rock band, who rocked so wild, they ended up mashed in the end and the band leader was swimming in mashed potatoes?That was so funny hearing that little potato jamming. :smile:

T

timrikthegorf

wow I loved just about all the parts mentioned so far. Penn and Teller were good on the show as well. It was the same epsiode that Clifford had a paino dropped on him. If there was a little more Fozzie, Piggy, and Kermit i think the show would have been a hit.