Wet Paint Video Alternate Endings

sauron_017

Reaction score
Hey! Im sure all of you out there have seen the original wet paint clip on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdkEt9T6ng

But as a kid i remember there were at least two other versions, which had a different endings. One of them was the same as the original all the way except that at the end, the screen splits into two frames, and one showed his face and the other showed him dancing in the paint in his boots right two the end.

Then there was another totally different version where the paint ran down from the top of the screen at the end instead of hittting the lens at the end, and the whole video was different. When it showed his boots dancing you saw paint hitting the floor where he was dancing.
Has anyone here seen those versions? Or do they have them recorded on tape? I would love to hear if im correct here!

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually did hear about one version that had a logo that said, "SMTV" on it. Did any of these versions have it?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sorry to bump up this thread, but I felt the need to address this because I have often wondered about this myself, hearing rumors in the YouTube comments about an alternate ending of the screen splitting into two and the video being remade completely, the latter of which I once thought was true because the first time I saw the music video on YouTube in August 2006, it looked quite a bit different from what I remembered (I also remembered just the paint falling from the top to bottom, but the more I re-watched the video over the years, the more many shots came back to my memory). I also want to address this because the og poster of this thread I’ve also chatted about this with on the days of Yahoo messenger.

So I had the opportunity to check out each episode this song was in, and no such version described in the first post exists in either. I was curious to see if an alternative ending with the screen splitting into two existed or not because I did hear many people in the comments describing it, to which I could not find anything in those regards. I don’t know where people were getting this idea of such a version existing unless it was a case of a possible one-time airing of the song in an episode it was featured in but quickly replaced. Whatever the case, nothing was found.

The video being remade is also false because we now have guides for every episode on the wiki (many still lacking imagery but we will get there one day) and it has proven no such remake exists. This is all just false memory and I’m glad I was able to debunk this.