Walter Puppet Replica

Muppetboy09

Reaction score

muppetperson

Reaction score
Not bad. Although, I would of gone for black hair and his pupils need to be a bit bigger and come back from the corner a little. Hope you get to finish him.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed when I was making him that his hair was way to light. Sadly, it was the only material I had, so I had to move on. Also, thanks for the constructive critisism on his eyes. I wouldn't have noticed his pupil size! I will probably make some minor adjustments later.

muppetperson

Reaction score
On second thoughts, I think the pupil size may be right, but something about the eyes isnt quite right. I think it might be that they are too slanted and too narrow, making him look Asian. He is sort of more bug eyed, like the Tweedlebugs. The eye base is strange-it isnt round, and is wider than egg shape .Something inbetween.

Walter

Reaction score
Ah, I see you have also decided to use spoons as walter's eyes.. lol, If you are looking for Walters actual hair, the website called Mendels carries it(it's in the long fur section, Punky Muppet color chocolate) That is what I used on my Walter replica, and it is the closest thing on him to the actual puppet :smile:. I like the fabric on the head sculpt, is that antron fleece?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Ah, I see you have also decided to use spoons as walter's eyes.. lol, If you are looking for Walters actual hair, the website called Mendels carries it(it's in the long fur section, Punky Muppet color chocolate) That is what I used on my Walter replica, and it is the closest thing on him to the actual puppet :smile:. I like the fabric on the head sculpt, is that antron fleece?
It is actually just regular fleece (bought from a local fabric carrier). I have always been tempted to buy some Antron Fleece, just to experiment, but haven't got around to it yet. And I think that the spoons for eyes are to flat, and I would like them to be more rounded.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I considered spoons for my replica, but I figured they would be too flat. I used slices of styrofoam eggs covered in a thin white fabric for the eyes on my puppet. Not real accurate to the actual material of the real puppet, but it creates the right kind of rounded shape.