Veteran Cast Members in 50th Season

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Hi! Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere. I have a lot of catching up to do with both the forum and my knowledge of the last few seasons, but please humor me...

I loved the 50th Anniversary special and seeing some of our beloved veteran human cast members make appearances in it. Did any of them make any other appearances throughout this 50th season or in any specials? I know Gordon and Maria have popped in to do some of the recent community Town Hall type things and a few of them did some storytime segments (but I think those were just for online). Anything?

Thanks!

BEAR 2

Reaction score
The short answer is they don’t.
Nothing at all, huh? What a shame. They did bring out some old favorite Muppet characters though, right? I know Biff and Sully have made at least one or two appearances lately.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Nothing at all, huh? What a shame. They did bring out some old favorite Muppet characters though, right? I know Biff and Sully have made at least one or two appearances lately.
I’ll give it a quick summary: after season 45, the executives basically gave nearly everyone of the human cast the pink slip and basically offered smaller projects as a caveat. HBO has nothing to do with this decision, a lot of others got layoff during this time.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I’ll give it a quick summary: after season 45, the executives basically gave nearly everyone of the human cast the pink slip and basically offered smaller projects as a caveat. HBO has nothing to do with this decision, a lot of others got layoff during this time.
Thanks. I’m aware of the long time folks getting dismissed, but I thought maybe they could have given them each at least one episode during the anniversary, even if it’s just a quick sketch or insert. It never seemed like Loretta Long was part of that group since she was being seen less frequently anyway. I just assumed she was semi-retired, but I guess if the others are going so would she. I guess Sonia Manzano made her exit while she had the choice. Do you think they still would have kept her around or let her go with the rest of the lot had she not retired?