Useless (but still interesting) Muppet trivia!

Tim

Reaction score
What's the most useless bit of trivia you know about The Muppets? (The more obscure the better.)

Here's one:

Carl Banas voiced Sweetums in "The Frog Prince". He also voiced the head elf and (I think) Yukon Cornelius in the original "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". COOL!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
This isn't that useless, but Crazy Harry used to be named Crazy Donald. After Don Sahlin.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tim said:
What's the most useless bit of trivia you know about The Muppets? (The more obscure the better.)

Here's one:

Carl Banas voiced Sweetums in "The Frog Prince". He also voiced the head elf and (I think) Yukon Cornelius in the original "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". COOL!
I thought that he voiced Charlie-in-the-box and the Spotted Elephant.

Okay, here is some useless trivia....

The spelling of the setting for the muppets on Saturday Night Live was "Gortch", and one characters name was The Mighty Fuvog, but most official sources mispell them as "Gorch" and "Favog".

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
ok, well in all honestey , is all trivia(muppet or otherwise), pretty much useless

Tim

Reaction score
Not if you can use it to win on a game show!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
True- by definition all trivia is useless.
But a lot of that useless trivia (redundancy) is the stuff of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" :smile:

(Here's the definition from dictionary.com - Note the related word!:wink: )

triv·i·a1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trv-)
pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
Insignificant or inessential matters; trifles.

[Latin trivia, neuter pl. of trivium, crossroads, gutter (influenced by trivial). See trivium.]

triv·i·um ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trv-m)
n. pl. triv·i·a (--)
The lower division of the seven liberal arts in medieval schools, consisting of grammar, logic, and rhetoric.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Here's some interesting Muppets trivia- this may be fairly obvious, but Sesame Street is one of the longest, if not the longest running television show ever? (I'm not sure if some of the news or soap operas might beat it out, so I hesitate to say the longest) But Sesame Street is running on 37 years now- beating out such milestones and classics as Doctor Who (26 years- I guess you can add a year or two now with the new series), Gunsmoke (20 years), Bonanza (14 years) and junk like The Simpsons (running on 17 years- I can't believe this has run longer than a classic series like Bonanza!):attitude:

So- Sesame Street is definitely near to or at the top for longevity in TV shows!!!

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
That, according to Jim, Gonzo is a cross between a turkey and a pencil Sharpener

giovannii

Reaction score
Gonzo may be bisexual.

In the Leslie Uggams episode, he is singing to Camilla, however falls for Big Bird when he sees him walk past.

This is assuming Big Bird is male. I'm assuming he is seeing Caroll Spinney is male and also he sings "Love Will Keep Us Together" with Leslie Uggams.