UK: Muppets Wizard of Oz DVD News

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I was looking at the DVD shop on Disney.co.uk and they had "Muppet Wizard of Oz" DVD listed and get this.......... the DVD will have the Widescreen version (as well as the full screen version)! :excited:

However the website has not listed the special features, I hope the UK DVD won't fall into the same trap as with "It's a very merry Muppet Christmas movie" DVD where the UK had less special features than the US print.

Anyway here's the link to the details :
Muppet Wizard of Oz on DVD and Video - Disney DVD Shop UK

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
dvdactive.com has posted news about the film along with artwork and on the spine of the DVD artwork carries the "widescreen" logo!:excited:

I'm definately picking this up!

Read it all about!!!

pepestarr

Reaction score
This is great news! I hope they bring in the Electric Mayhme scence as an outake.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
pepestarr said:
This is great news! I hope they bring in the Electric Mayhme scence as an outake.

by the looks of (as from what i can see) its ALL the same stuff from our America dvd, and no the EM band never had an outtake on the disc! :zany:

pepestarr

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant the bit when they had their lines.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I noticed that my local Woolworths has this Muppets Oz DVD, it has a new leaflet inside, advertising all the Disney released Muppet films and Season 1. I have not got it yet though. Not to sure about the double disc set!! Apparently Muppet Movie is due for release on its own in UK later this year, I may just wait!!

Chris

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Not to sure about the double disc set!! Apparently Muppet Movie is due for release on its own in UK later this year, I may just wait!!
According to sendit.com (Blackstar) The boxset and The Muppet Movie DVD's was released yesterday! :wink:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
It says 3rd July Danny, for the Muppet Movie on its own. The Double disc set and MWoO was released yesterday.

Chris

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Okay the UK DVD is officially out now - right? If so can someone definately confirm that a) it's in anamorphic widescreen and b) has all of the extras that were on the US Region 1 release?

I recently picked up the UK Very Merry Christmas... DVD and I have to say I much preferred watching it in widescreen! Shame I have to keep the Region 1 version for the extras!

Are any of the other new Disney Muppet DVDs (the 50th anniversary ones) different in the UK?