UK Muppet Family Christmas DVD

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody have the Region 2 edition of Muppet Family Christmas paired with The Christmas Toy? I was curious to know if it is severly edited like the Region 1 edition here in North America? I'd like to buy it even though I wouldn't be able to play it right now. A long-term goal I have is to buy a region-free DVD player.

OI MuppetFan

muppet_dk

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
Hi,

Does anybody have the Region 2 edition of Muppet Family Christmas paired with The Christmas Toy? I was curious to know if it is severly edited like the Region 1 edition here in North America?
I don't have it myself yet. But after reading other threads about the same subject I can tell you that the only things cut are the treelightning scene and the stocking scene. In other words it's cut but not as severly as the R1 release.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Thanks for filling me in on this DVD. What is the stocking scene? I don't remember that one. I've seen the one where Fozzie's mom thanks everybody for coming, which I've read is not on the UK DVD (it was a minor scene which was always cut from the TV broadcasts here). I don't like the DVD release here. I wish I could buy the Region 2 version, but I don't have a region-free player (at least not yet).

OI MuppetFan

muppet_dk said:
I don't have it myself yet. But after reading other threads about the same subject I can tell you that the only things cut are the treelightning scene and the stocking scene. In other words it's cut but not as severly as the R1 release.