TV Alert: Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on ABC Family December 12 and 13

superboober

Reaction score
All in all this was definitely a step in the right direction for the special. I came in acknowledging that things would be cut for air, as is regrettably a truism for any classic holiday special in today's TV market (unless we can coerce Congress into passing some kind of bill protecting them), and would agree that taking out Ain't No Hole in the Washtub, let alone any of the special's songs, would be a mistake. But that's more than counterbalanced by what we did get: Kermit back where he belongs (now if they could just bring back his narration in the future, even better), the long awaited return of both "I'd really appreciate it if you'd fall off the dock." and "Better fill, Harrison, we're off to a shaky start," and seemingly new footage hinting that any Ultimate Edition of the special might be even more ultimate then even we'd imagined to this point. Plus the end credits run without crunching and with the original Henson Associates credit left intact (although Henson Associates as it was then no longer exists, I never could fully understand plastering over an in-credit reference; a full logo, certainly, but not a line of text). Above all, this gives we the faithful back the hope that some day in the future, distant or not, it's still possible for us to get the full and complete special back for good. So let's continue hoping....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, "When the River Meets the Sea" was included after being cut in its first broadcast of this year. I guess if it's shown on ABC Family again it could be cut or not. Seems like a number of programs on ABC Family over the years have had scenes cut in some broadcasts that weren't cut in others.

I missed this and The Bells of Fraggle Rock, but read on Muppet Wiki that they were shown at a 30-frame rate instead of the original 60-frame rate. What does this mean? Does this mean it was time compressed, or where several frames cut?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I missed this and The Bells of Fraggle Rock, but read on Muppet Wiki that they were shown at a 30-frame rate instead of the original 60-frame rate. What does this mean? Does this mean it was time compressed, or where several frames cut?
It just means that the film moves slightly faster than normal. I noticed that the music and the songs in both Fraggle Rock and Emmet Otter seemed faster, most likely this was why.