Trying to remember a guest

FozzieAmoeba

Reaction score
Not too long ago, after renting an old movie with Marcello Mastroianni, I remembered a Muppet Show bit, which contained some dialogue roughly as follows:

GUEST: "He was so uncultured, he thought Marcello Mastroianni was an Italian soup."
SAM THE AMERICAN EAGLE: "You mean it ISN'T an Italian soup? I have ordered Marcello Mastroianni on several occasions."
GUEST: "What did they bring you?"
SAM: "A swarthy, good-looking man sitting in a bowl. I sent it back, of course."

I just can't remember who the guest was during this conversation, and it's driving me crazy. :confused: Can anybody help me out?

Also, I'd like to submit that exchange for the "Memorable Quotes" section of the show's IMDb listing ( http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0074028/quotes ), so I'd really appreciate it if anybody could help with a more precise recollection of the sketch's exact words. :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought that Sam was more cultured than that. Good heavens!

Bea:zany:{Shooked by discovery of Sam's uncultured background}regard

David French

Reaction score
FozzieAmoeba said:
Not too long ago, after renting an old movie with Marcello Mastroianni, I remembered a Muppet Show bit, which contained some dialogue roughly as follows:

GUEST: "He was so uncultured, he thought Marcello Mastroianni was an Italian soup."
SAM THE AMERICAN EAGLE: "You mean it ISN'T an Italian soup? I have ordered Marcello Mastroianni on several occasions."
GUEST: "What did they bring you?"
SAM: "A swarthy, good-looking man sitting in a bowl. I sent it back, of course."

I just can't remember who the guest was during this conversation, and it's driving me crazy. :confused: Can anybody help me out?
Easy one. This was from the Panel sketch done on the Candice Bergen episode.

MockMockChef

Reaction score
David French said:
Easy one. This was from the Panel sketch done on the Candice Bergen episode.
It was on the episode with Candice Bergen but the guest on the panel was
Clara Cartwell. :smile: