Truly awful figures

Hartley

Reaction score
Sometimes you see something that reminds you just how lucky we were to get the Palisades line of figures...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181383368868

If it wasn't actually named in the listing, I would honestly have no clue who that was meant to be!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plush toy vs. plastic representation.

There's a difference. You can sculpt a figure, adding sharp details and close likenesses. A plush toy is essentially stuffing a pillow to look like something. The smaller the plush is, the harder it gets to detail.

Hartley

Reaction score
Oh absolutely, but still, they can look a bit more like the real thing than that! And over 12" tall so not that small really. I've seen 6" plush Statlers that look a lot more like him than that figure does. (And 12" plushes of other characters that look almost exactly like the real thing.)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
As mentioned that's NOT a figure

Plus that Statler plush toy was made as a prize in something like those claw grab games, meaning it's possible to win one for only buck, so of course the toy company, maybe Nanco, that made it isn't going to go all out to make it look really good, just passable. Sure every now and than they've actually made GREAT plush toys with GREAT likeness (I've actually won a fairly decent plush toys of Kermit the frog and Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog), but since these are again usually given out as prizes, don't except a whole lot.

I know this cause I've spent a whole lot of money on those games (as you might have guess) and I'm pretty sure I've won this one, though I sold it on eBay as well, along with a whole gang of Disney owned characters. I swear, if I kept every plush toy I won over the years, they would take up my entire house. For a little while I did sort of "horde" them, now most are either sold on eBay, donated to Goodwill or given to a child. And yes, they were usually pretty bad quality, for that one pretty decent Kermit plush I won, I probably won at least ten other Kermits that look hideous. But again since these aren't plush toys that were meant to be sold directly and were just meant to be won as prizes, what do you expect?