Tony Randalls cold opening

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was looking at the Tony randall episode section at the muppet show episode guide found at www.kermitage.com, and noticed that a lot of characters appeared in the cold opening. What happens in this scene?

Something else i noticed: one of the characters listed was "Beard". Now, I know that beard is a character from The Jim Henson Hour, so...

Did the webmaster mistake Zeke for Beard? (they do look similar)
Was this an animate muppet beard?
Could the webmaster have misspelled Bear?
could this have been something else?

any help would be appreciated. :halo:

Animal

Reaction score
Hi!

Actually I´ve done the episode guides for kermitage.com years ago, so yes...at that time I thought that Zeke was Beard...!
This cold opening has all of the characters mentioned backstage, after Tony goes "up the stairs and do this crummy show", yelling and shouting in joy when he appears on the show! Hope this helps...! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Animal said:
Actually I´ve done the episode guides for kermitage.com years ago, so yes...at that time I thought that Zeke was Beard...!
This cold opening has all of the characters mentioned backstage, after Tony goes "up the stairs and do this crummy show", yelling and shouting in joy when he appears on the show! Hope this helps...! :smile:
So, in other words, are you saying that at the beginning of the show, Tony Randall didn't really want to do the show, then when he saw everybody cheering he changed his mind?

Animal

Reaction score
Yes, at the beginning Tony dress himself as a messenger, saying that "Tony Randall came down with a rare disease". But Pops the Doorman recognize him, and says that he should "take his medican like a man". After that Tony goes up the stairs to backstage, where the mentioned Muppets are cheering at him!

Hope this helps!

:halo: :halo: :halo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
was that one of the few (if not only) tim that Pops didn't ask "who are you?" at the beginning of the show?

Animal

Reaction score
No...Pops also asks "who are you?" here... :halo: