TMTM on ABC Family

towels

Reaction score
Re: OMG!!!

Originally posted by Muppets1985

I really DO HOPE (sorry Walt for saying this...) But I really do HOPE that Disney gets Eisner's A$$ OUT of there b/f he does MORE damige!!! :mad:

LOL ok I fell better:stick_out_tongue: :big_grin: :smile: :smile: ....

latter...

Wasn't Eisner in place when Disney started to come back? Didn't Little Mermaid happen under his tenure? Sure, what they're doing now is cheap junk, but it could be that he has too much on his plate now that Disney has become so huge. I'm sure there's plenty of blame that can be passed around...

Thog

Reaction score
I think when Eisner started, he knew what was good for the company and how to make it better, which he did. But now I think he may have a case of burn out. I think it's time for them to get a fresh start with someone new who could do what Eisner did for the company back in the '80s.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
I think it's time for them to get a fresh start with someone new who could do what Eisner did for the company back in the '80s.
Yeah, he might be burned out, but I wonder: have there been major changes there in the last, maybe, 5 years? Disney certainly doesn't seem the same (especially with all these sequels, instead of new material). I wonder if Eisner isn't the only one to blame (even though he would probably be most responsible.

- Billy :cool:

Thog

Reaction score
I think that Disney just needs new blood. To me all the direct to video sequels make it look like they are running out of ideas, or they are hungry for money and they think that it's the quickest way possible to get it. It could just be that Disney is going though the same slump as they had in the late 70's early 80's which was resolved by Eisner coming in. So maby if he did leave and they brought in someone new it could get better......or worse.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Most analysts agree that Eisner was directly responsible for saving Disney in the 80s. He was responsible for turning around their animation department and many other things.

However, he has lasted longer than almost if not all other CEOs of similarly large corporations. In most businesses this is seen as a bad thing because of burnout, lack of new ideas, the tendency to ride on one's laurels. Eisner was a tough guy when he took over, and burnt some bridges along the way. Now many of those burnt bridges are coming back to haunt Disney in a big, big way. Disney's stock is plummeting and their best resource, PIXAR, is waiting by the door ready for the bell to ring so it can go home.

By most analysts prediction, Eisner won't last through the end of the year unless some miracle happens. Personally, I can't wait for someone else to come in and put back the real vision of Disney in place.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
BTW, TMTM will reair today at 3pm/2c, I believe. Just an hour from now.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
BTW, TMTM will reair today at 3pm/2c, I believe. Just an hour from now.
yep, i watched it yesturday (Saturday) i didn't know it played on friday night untill now.