TMS season sets: who should be on discs?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We have seen possible disc art for the first season of the muppet show, which has kermit on disc 1, piggy on disc 2, fozzie on disc 3, and gonzo on disc 4. which characters woudl you want to see on discs for other collections?

here is my list:

season 2: animal on disc 1, bunsen and beaker on disc 2, statler and waldorf on disc 3, and floyd and janice on disc 4.

season 3: scooter on disc 1, zoot on disc 2, the swedish chef on disc 3, and lew zeland on disc 4.

season 4: dr. teeth on disc 1, rowlf on disc 2, beauregard on disc 3, and sam the eagle on disc 4.

season 5: link hogtrob on disc 1, rizzo on disc 2, lips on disc 3, and pops on disc 4.

That Announcer

Reaction score
My list:

S2: Sam the Eagle on D1, Rowlf on D2, Bunsen on D3, Beaker on D4

S3: Scooter on D1, Janice on D2, Floyd on D3, Chef on D4

S4: Statler on D1, Waldorf on D2, Robin on D3, Beau on D4

S5: Pops on D1, Marvin Suggs on D2, Crazy Harry on D3, Rizzo on D4

rexcrk

Reaction score
First of all, I'd prefer it if the season 1 discs had pictures of the older versions of Kermit, Gonzo, etc. and not modern ones but it's not that important. Anyway:

Season 2- Disc 1: Scooter, Disc 2: Rowlf, Disc 3: Statler and Waldorf, Disc 4: Crazy Harry

Season 3- Disc 1: Sam the Eagle, Disc 2: Lew Zealand, Disc 3: Bunsen and Beaker, Disc 4: a group shot of the Electric Mayhem

Season 4- Disc 1: Swedish Chef, Disc 2: Muppet Newsman, Disc 3: Marvin Suggs, Disc 4: Pops

Season 5- Disc 1: Rizzo, Disc 2: Robin, Disc 3: Lips, Disc 4: either Sweetums or Beauregard...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
First of all, I'd prefer it if the season 1 discs had pictures of the older versions of Kermit, Gonzo, etc. and not modern ones but it's not that important.
I agree. I also think it would have been better if there were group shots instead of individual characters. they would be similar to the group shot on the puzzle that was made a few years ago, with season-specific images.

If all discs had group shots, I think it should be like this:

season 1: disc 1-Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Hilda, george and Mildred. disc 2-Nigel, floyd, janice, rowlf, animal, zoot, dr. teeth and trumpet girl. disc 3-the houses and monsters. disc 4-the newsman, the swedish chef, dr. bunsen honeydew, wayne, wanda, sam the eagle, statler, waldorf, and robin.

season 2: disc 1-kermit, miss piggy, fozzie, scooter, rowlf, gonzo, and j.p. gross. disc 2-sweetums, timmy, thog, mutations, big mama, and doglion. disc 3-bunsen, beaker, statler, waldorf, crazy harry, and baskerville. disc 4-link hogthrob, dr. strangepork, floyd, the nesman, and fleet scribbler.

season 3: disc 1-kermit, fozzie, robin, beauregard, gladys and the swedish chef. disc 2-lobbock lou and his jughuggers. disc 3-miss piggy, link, and dr. strangepork. disc 4-lew zeland, beauregard, rowlf, marvin suggs, louis kazager, uncle deadley, and annie sue pig.

season 4: disc 1-kermit, miss piggy, gonzo, animal, annie sue pig, beauregard, bobby benson, and sweetums. disc 2-bunsen, beaker, fletcherbird, fozzie bear, and link. disc 3-dr. teeth, floyd, janice, lew zeland, and crazy harry. disc 4-statler, waldorf, the swedish chef, and sam the eagle.

season 5: disc 1-kermit, piggy, foo foo, gonzo, and camillia. disc 2-scooter, pops, rowlf, rizzo, and sweetums. disc 3-dr. teeth, floyd, animal, janice, zoot, and lips. disc 4-gaffer, robin, fozzie, the penguins, and the frackles.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I'd rather the main characters were rationed out over the five seasons, but working with what has already been done:

Season 2

Rowlf
Scooter
Animal
Staler and Waldorf

Season 3

Dr Teeth
Floyd
Janice
Zoot

Season 4

Link and Strangepork
Bearegard
Sam the Eagle
Lew Zealand

Seaon 5

Robin and Sweetums
Swedish Chef
Pops
Bunsen and Beaker

I'm sure Rizzo will appear but that's not all that accurate - he doesn't really become a main character until later in The Muppets Take Manhatten.

What about the box designs, have they all been decided yet? If season one is a close-up of Kermit then I suppose you could also use Fozzie and Rowlf but I’m not sure if anybody else would work.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
What about the box designs, have they all been decided yet? If season one is a close-up of Kermit then I suppose you could also use Fozzie and Rowlf but I’m not sure if anybody else would work.
I have read about what designs are planned for future sets. although they could be changed, I read that season 2 will have miss piggy (purple dress with pearls), season 3 will have fozzie (brown fur and necktie), season 4 will have gonzo (purple tux), and season 5 will have scooter (green jacket and yellow shirt).

P

Princeton

Not meant as an attack, but...

you do realize that we have no control over who's on the discs? And in the long run, who cares? I'm just anxious to see more season 1 eps.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I don't think any expects Disney to read this and tear up there plans in order to go along with ours. It's more just a bit of fun but it also lets us see how in touch Disney will be with the fans, for instance, no one has suggested putting Pepe on a disc but that may possibly happen. I agree that for most people it dosen't matter who is actually on the discs; unless you tkae the phrase "watching a DVD" all too literally...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
you do realize that we have no control over who's on the discs?
yeah, I realize that. there have been many wishlists on this and other message boards, and I am sure that we all know that most companies involved (with the main exception of palisades) most likely aren't going to know about these lists or take the suggestions.