TMS Season 1 wins Award

unclematt

Reaction score
That would be all fina and dandy if it was a kids show

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
First, YEAH!!!!! for giving an award to the Muppet DVD season 1.
That's a true sign More DVD's To follow.:smile:
Second: A Kids Show?????:confused:

well I guess it is alright since we are kids at heart.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yes awsome news! ahhhh... let them say its a kids show, we here at MC know better! Dont let it get to ya! (even tho some ppl may say its, kids?!?) :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Congrats! Even though TMS isn't a kids show... :sympathy:

Frogster

Reaction score
Kid yourself if you'd like, but it's a yungin's show... but it's okay. It's a kids' show that I love and still will watch nomatter how old I get.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Said it once said it again I am still a kid at heart. so is there anyone else who say the same?

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Kid yourself if you'd like, but it's a yungin's show... but it's okay. It's a kids' show that I love and still will watch nomatter how old I get.
HAPPY 500 Frogster:smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Frogster said:
You're playing into the media myth that they continue to perpetrate that anything animated or with puppets is automatically for kids. It's not true. It's only been in the past 20 or 30 years that this misconception has grown.

There are shows over the years that were meant to appeal to FAMILY audiences and this is exactly where The Muppet Show falls. By saying it's for family audiences, it has merits for kids and adults. As soon as you say it's a kid's show, then you leave the adults out of the equation.

In the 50's, 60's and 70's (when the Muppet Show was produced), the variety format was very popular with families. Although hosted by puppets, The Muppet Show is a comedy/variety show.

Until Sesame Street, the Muppets actually appealed more to adults than children, although children also appreciated them.

I think it's a disservice to the work to call The Muppet Show a children's show.

:stick_out_tongue: