TMS Logo Question

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering how large the Muppet Show logo was. In watching the DVDs I noticed that the logo is different from the ones used in later seasons, but it still fills up the whole stage.

I also wondered how they rigged up the second logo for Kermit to be looking through the "O" as it was being raised. Did they build a little platform for Jim to crouch on?

Of course there was a third Muppet Show logo that was used for only one episode. Trivia question: Which episode was it?

Since the logo itself is a work of art, I would like to know more about it. Hopefully, they kept it when the shows were finished. Maybe it's still in a warehouse somewhere...or maybe one of the original Muppeteers has it. That'd be cool.

Convincing John

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Of course there was a third Muppet Show logo that was used for only one episode. Trivia question: Which episode was it?
I haven't seen this episode, but my guess is the Lorretta Lynn episode, since that one had a different opening.

Convincing John

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I haven't seen this episode, but my guess is the Lorretta Lynn episode, since that one had a different opening.
Right! It was the "home made" logo.

Convincing John

David French

Reaction score
From memory the logo itself never changed; it was just the flat board that was designed differently from Season Two onwards.