Times that Kermit said the name Jim Henson?

Dearth

Reaction score
Hi ho!

I am trying to think of any time that Jim-as-Kermit says the name "Jim Henson".

No slight against Steve-as-Kermit, but I've got an idea for some audio I'd someday like to edit together, and so it really needs to match when spliced in with other Jim-as-Kermit soundbytes.

I found one... in the JHH episode Secrets of the Muppets.

"And the one under me is Jim Henson but you probably already knew that."

Can anyone else think of other examples?

Alex

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm that's a good question! I'll have to look into that.

As a video editor I'd say, if you do get really desperate, Kermit does just say "Jim" a few times in Secret of the Muppets and you could edit it together with the "Henson" you already have. ; )

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea... love the avatar by the way.

I thought of another possible source, but I haven't had a chance to check it yet... there was a museum exhibit of the Muppets and the audio tour was narrated by Jim-as-Kermit, so it's entirely possible he'd have said the name "Jim Henson" a few times in there.

Any other instances of Jim-as-Kermit narrating/hosting any documentary-type shows?

Alex

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know I'm not positive because I haven't seen it for awhile but Kermit might have said "Jim Henson" or just "Mr. Henson" when Jim was inducted into The Television Academy Hall of Fame. You'd have to look around for video of it though. But here is the information:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Television_Academy_Hall_of_Fame

Also check any episodes of Jim Henson Hour that are available if you haven't already.

And thanks, glad you like the avatar! :wink:

Dearth

Reaction score
Okay, I dug out my fan-made DVD of the 1985 exhibition "Art of the Muppets", which I got from KermiClownvideos.com, a site that makes me drool every time I see what's in stock.

I think this one is the mother lode!

Jim-as-Kermit says the following useful soundbytes:
"Jim Henson, my alter ego"
"Jim and Jane Henson"
"Ernie is controlled by Jim Henson"
"Jim Henson worked closely with CTW"
"Jim and his company Henson Associates"
"Jim Henson explains this in detail"
"Jim Henson discussing an idea"
"after doing SNL, Jim Henson wanted..."

Plus a heaping handful of other instances of either "Jim" or "Henson" or both.

He also says the names of Richard Hunt, Carroll Spinney, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Michael Frith, and Kathy Mullen... but I don't think I ever caught the name Dave Goelz anywhere in there.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Kermit might have said "Jim Henson" or just "Mr. Henson" when Jim was inducted into The Television Academy Hall of Fame. You'd have to look around for video of it though.
I will add that to my search list... didn't see an entry for it at KermiClown, and no luck on YouTube just now.

But from the description it sounds pretty cool.

Alex

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Okay, I dug out my fan-made DVD of the 1985 exhibition "Art of the Muppets", which I got from KermiClownvideos.com, a site that makes me drool every time I see what's in stock.

I think this one is the mother lode!

Jim-as-Kermit says the following useful soundbytes:
"Jim Henson, my alter ego"
"Jim and Jane Henson"
"Ernie is controlled by Jim Henson"
"Jim Henson worked closely with CTW"
"Jim and his company Henson Associates"
"Jim Henson explains this in detail"
"Jim Henson discussing an idea"
"after doing SNL, Jim Henson wanted..."

Plus a heaping handful of other instances of either "Jim" or "Henson" or both.

He also says the names of Richard Hunt, Carroll Spinney, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Michael Frith, and Kathy Mullen... but I don't think I ever caught the name Dave Goelz anywhere in there.

Alex
Cool, glad you found all of that! Good luck!

Dearth

Reaction score
As a video editor, you will probably love the flash of inspiration that I just had for another possible soundbyte mashup...

I think I can actually fake Kermit introducing the Muppet Show as if Jim Henson were the guest star.

"It's the Muppet Show, with our very special guest star, Mr. Jim Henson!"

And it will actually have a Jim-as-Kermit excited introduction inflection to it.

Ironically, all the necessary audio elements can be found in back-to-back episodes: 106 and 107.

Take the "Jim" from the Jim Nabors introduction and the "Hen" and "son" from Florence Henderson, and voila.

Alex

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As a video editor, you will probably love the flash of inspiration that I just had for another possible soundbyte mashup...

Take the "Jim" from the Jim Nabors introduction and the "Hen" and "son" from Florence Henderson, and voila.
Oh wow! Yes I definitely appreciate. :wink: