The worst live action/cgi film you'll ever see...

BlakeConor14

Reaction score

Yeah I'd rather try and kill a pack of starving wolves in a single person tent and my only weapon is a plastic spoon than watch this film.

It looks horrific

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I have two big problems with this movie so far...

1. The way Sonic looks. Just... why does he look like a little blue monkey with spines? At least Boom Sonic actually looked like the Sonic we know and love.

2. It seems really generic, and it should've come out in the mid-to-late-2000's during the big "cartoon character in the real world" trend. They even use the old "human finds talking animal in their house and they scream at each other for a prolonged period of time" trope that's been done to death.

I do like the casting choice of Jim Carrey as Dr. Eggman, though. He seems to be having a lot of fun with the role, and I'm sure he'll really ham it up.

But otherwise, yyeahh, this does not look good. But will it be as bad as The Smurfs movie or the Woody Woodpecker movie? We'll see...

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I have two big problems with this movie so far...

1. The way Sonic looks. Just... why does he look like a little blue monkey with spines? At least Boom Sonic actually looked like the Sonic we know and love.

2. It seems really generic, and it should've come out in the mid-to-late-2000's during the big "cartoon character in the real world" trend. They even use the old "human finds talking animal in their house and they scream at each other for a prolonged period of time" trope that's been done to death.

I do like the casting choice of Jim Carrey as Dr. Eggman, though. He seems to be having a lot of fun with the role, and I'm sure he'll really ham it up.

But otherwise, yyeahh, this does not look good. But will it be as bad as The Smurfs movie or the Woody Woodpecker movie? We'll see...
I definitely won't be as cringy as the smurfs or Woody Woodpecker

But Detective Pikachu showed that these type of films can be done right.

And I'm sorry but how in a world where animation is so good. How can a multimillion dollar film studio make something so awful looking