The Secret Drawing Sketch

bigbird

Reaction score
I remember the secret drawing of the letter M and of a postman. The unseen kids would tell the artist how to draw, and then they would ask the unseen adult what it was. With the letter M sketch he said it was 2 mountains shaking hands! Prompting all the kids to say "no" at the same time!! Also, with the postman whaen asked who it was, the adult replied..."ummm Santa Claus"? I think there was also a sketch of a fireman too

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, there were a number of them:
the letter M
a fireman
a postman
an astronaut

and it was great to see whoever was drawing trying to follow the kids' instructions and he would inevitably goof up, causing the kids to shout "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!". Then when the narrator would finally try to guess what the picture was, he'd get it wrong a few times as well. Then when he finally guessed correctly, the kids would give a hearty "YEAHHHHH!!!"

By the way, the narrator was Garry Owens of Laugh-In/Space Ghost fame.

Xerus

Reaction score
I always loved those funny skits. And Gary Owens acted really silly always getting the wrong answers.

And what really made me laugh was when the kids told the drawer to draw a mailbox hot dog shaped. Instead, a hot dog on a bun was drawn on the post and hot smoke was coming from the frank. And the kids were laughing at that scene for almost a full minute. Then they told the drawer to draw a real mailbox.

bigbird

Reaction score
I liked the skit with the letter "M". When the drawer drew one of the diagonal lines, it went crooked and 1 of the kids said, "well, looks like a rocket ship"! be fore the drwing was even completed.

crackmaster

Reaction score
And Gary Owens acted really silly always getting the wrong answers.
Sorry to bump the thread, but he was really cute in these sketches. I imagine him as Space Ghost doing it for children's education (he would be one to care about the kids.) The way he acts in these remind me more of SGC2C Space Ghost... he even sounds like George Lowe at the end of the camel one.