the rise and fall of Emily Bear

superboober

Reaction score
Seeing how Fozzie's mother was a semi-major player in the late 80s and early 90s, do you suppose they were intending on making her a major character, and if so why do you suppose her appearances then tapered off so abruptly?

Da Dogster

Reaction score
superboober said:
Seeing how Fozzie's mother was a semi-major player in the late 80s and early 90s, do you suppose they were intending on making her a major character, and if so why do you suppose her appearances then tapered off so abruptly?
I think at the time Jerry Nelson had performed her from A Muppet Famliy Christmas to a Muppet Christmas Carol even after that Jerry was hardly used a lot. (mabey he was taping sesame street at the time) But Now since he has retired, Ma Bear (like so many others) is waiting for the someone specail that can capture the spark that Jerry Nelson had in her.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What a coincidence. I had been planning on starting a thread about Emily Bear for awhile.

I often wonder if she wold have been a main character on The Jim Henson Hour if Fozzie had appeared in more than two episodes. It would have been weird for her to be major if Fozzie wasn't around much.

I wonder if there were ever any plans for her to appear on the Muppet Beach Party or Kermit Unpiged albums. She could have sung something with Fozzie (Fozzie didn't have any major singing parts in Kermit Unpigged, just some lines in All Togetehr Now). Clifford was on those albums, and at the time Clifford was probably just as well-known as her.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Da Dogster said:
I think at the time Jerry Nelson had performed her from A Muppet Famliy Christmas to a Muppet Christmas Carol even after that Jerry was hardly used a lot. (mabey he was taping sesame street at the time) But Now since he has retired, Ma Bear (like so many others) is waiting for the someone specail that can capture the spark that Jerry Nelson had in her.
Well, between that time and the last few years, Jerry was used alot, but his regular characters weren't.